out of curiousity.. anyone ever played 2 player with themselves ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CRXFREAK001
  • 20 comments
  • 1,188 views
Messages
359
sometimes when im bored nothin else todo.. I just pick 2 cars to go head too head some semi moded up against other cars. steering is a pain playin 2 player with yourself but i just use a long drag strip :dopey: circuit de la sarthe get up to the straights do rolls/digs anyone else ever do that ? or is it just me lol..
 
This is a really pointless thread.
 
I've tried that a few times. It's pretty hard!

The way I do it is putting my thumbs on the analog sticks, then putting my index fingers over the X and square buttons (on the left hand it's awkward), and you're pretty much away! It got borning pretty quickly, but it's interesting to see how else people manage to race themselves, if any other people do... :sly:
 
i used to do that with gt3
 
haha! this is funy. i've had the idea but never actualy done it.
 
I race myself a lot of times and get cranky because I always lose to my other self... or was it the other way around... :scared:

Kidding...

Well there was one time when I drag raced a couple of cars when my cousin came over and had to take his mom's call. We were in the middle of a race and I got tired of waiting and set-up some drag races for the replays. But it is pretty pointless.

But if you consider going up against your ghost car as racing against yourself, well then yeah, I race myself a lot.👍 👍
 
In the Genome Project, I was driving both the Civic CRX and the wheelieing Escudo. My hands were driving the CRX and the Escudo was being driven by my big toe! It was at the test course, so steering wasn't really required.
 
I used to drag the HKS skyline against the GT-ONE, I think, back in GT2.. dead heats at Grand Valley, they had an awesome view of it in the replay, did it just to see that, and get the best one I could.
 
GeorgeMorley
This is a really pointless thread.
An even more pointless reply.:dunce:
Yeah, I have played two player mode with myself before. You can sometmes get cool angles for watching your car come out of turns. Set up player 2 at a point in the corner, zoom by in player 1's car. It's kind of fun for about 2 minutes.
 
GeorgeMorley
This is a really pointless thread.

Why do you bother to reply, then?


Yes, many times. Take the Test Track, for example. Drag race. A lot of fun, and a lot easier with DFP + DS2, than two DS2 controllers.
 
CRXFREAK001
sometimes when im bored nothin else todo.. I just pick 2 cars to go head too head some semi moded up against other cars. steering is a pain playin 2 player with yourself but i just use a long drag strip :dopey: circuit de la sarthe get up to the straights do rolls/digs anyone else ever do that ? or is it just me lol..

This can turn into an excellent brain exercise. Trying to control 2 cars at the same time would add great dexterity to any brain.

You can also try to control the car with the ds2 upside down. Then two cars with just onw upside down and the other normal, then invert hands like Mozart playing the piano.

Also, use very different cars. Player 1 M3, Player 2 Suparu 360. Drive one backwards, other not.

You will finish the day either like Brainiac or with a terrible headache.


GeorgeMorley
This is a really pointless thread.
What a wonderful comment coming from a user with a ban in his diary.
 
GeorgeMorley
It's not exactly the kind of saying that would get someone banned (again)

You sure about that? ;)


Yep, i've done it :lol:. It helps when you use a steering wheel, actually. You can steer with your elbows.
 
GeorgeMorley
This is a really pointless thread.
That was a really pointless post. You did a great job helping the guy who wanted B-spec help by posting a link to the answer. It's a shame your post in this thread wasn't so constructive.


On topic: I haven't gone 2-player solo in GT4, but I did do it occasionally do it in GT3. I'd try to do parallel laps of Super Speedway, or put two cars nose to nose, and have a burnout contest / tractor pull to see which car would push the other backwards.
 
Sorry Duke for posting rubbish.
Sorry CRXFREAK001 for saying it was pointless.

Anyway I may aswell say now that I've never played 2 player with just me, infact I've never thought about doing it.
 
I do something very similar when im in a rush. Instead of racing the cars against eachother though , I use them seperately.. its like getting twice the settings experience for one times loading of the game.
 
I kinda do. Not really a race with myself, but I line up something small, like a Cube and go full throttle at it with my massive 600hp Ram and see how high the poor little Cube flies (Odyssey got 4 feet once :lol:)
 
samj_13
I kinda do. Not really a race with myself, but I line up something small, like a Cube and go full throttle at it with my massive 600hp Ram and see how high the poor little Cube flies (Odyssey got 4 feet once :lol:)

i have got to try that!💡
 
I've done it. At the 'ring with the M5 and the SLR, and there's where I found out that the cars keep moving by themselves.


Ciao...
 
I have to do it if I even want to try using my DFP with my PS2 anymore...the upper USB slot is fried, which means I have to use the lower (2nd-player) slot. :rolleyes: :lol:
 
I've tried this atleast 3 tiems...all 3 i used my feet on one of the controllers....one controller in one hand and the other at my feet. it was a bit easy (obviously) to controll with my hand, but hard to controll the car with my feet...but after about 30 minutes I got to the point where I wasnt crashing as much....but that was about 5 months ago, who knows if I can do it again.
 
when i first got the game, i put the fastest car i had unlock so far (lister) against the slowest (subaru 360)
I drive the subaru about 500m ahead ,then hit the back of it with the lister
the subaru can go much faster than its usual top speed of 50mph

I havent got round to trying it with an F1 car and benz motor carriage...
 
Back