Outrageous "penalty" at Laguna Seca

• Thread starter RacingFan1
  • 20 comments
Spain
Spain
ccef393f1a2500f3f90037794a0a0db7o.jpg

See the stripe or the part between the yellow line pitlane entry and the track?
DON'T EVER CROSS THIS when entering the pits.

What I got when I did it yesterday:

GOT TELEPORTED INTO THE START FINISH LINE, WITH ONE LAP DOWN!
So it actually was around 1:20 worth of penalty!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well i may be stupid but if i'm understanding this correctly assuming you entered the pits like in the pic then no wonder you got a penalty you missed the entrance :lol: that being said holy:censored: an entire lap worth of penalty :eek: .

Is that a thing?
https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/22...as-stewards-clear-him-of-pit-entry-violation/
Stewards decision
The Stewards reviewed video and audio evidence, heard from the driver of car 44 (Lewis Hamilton) and the team representative. It was clear that there was an infringement of the above mentioned rule – the driver clearly crossed the line separating the pit entry from the track.

In deciding on the penalty for the infringement, we took into account the following mitigating factors:
(i) the driver and the team candidly admitted the mistake and the fact that there was confusion within the team as to whether to stay out or to enter the pits and that led to the infringement.
(ii) The fact that the infringement took place during a Safety Car period.
(iii) At no time was there any danger to any other competitor and the change in direction was executed in a safe way.

While the penalty itself is 100% deserved, the severity is a little harsh. You'd think it would be similar to missing the pit entry at Mt. Panorama, where you get reset around the last corner on the front straight, but you don't lose a lap.

Teleporting is bad feature. People should be forced to make their way back onto the track. It always does more harm than good.

I can't tell you how many times cars have simply appeared in front of me, and ghost or no ghost, it's always disruptive.
Again im sorry if i didn't understand this correctly but the point of this is to not allow dirty players to cut the pit entry and ram other players but you don't want teleporting how would that work?

Again im sorry if i didn't understand this correctly but the point of this is to not allow dirty players to cut the pit entry and ram other players but you don't want teleporting how would that work?

If you cut pit entry, you get a penalty that is in accordance with the infractions, like real life.

Teleporting a car back onto the track jest makes a mess of things

If you cut pit entry, you get a penalty that is in accordance with the infractions, like real life.

Teleporting a car back onto the track jest makes a mess of things
Ok that could work if someone cuts the line on his own but what if it takes someone out? In such cases a simple penalty can't fix things but the teleportation catch the play on the act if you will and its like "No no no you won't do that"

Ok that could work if someone cuts the line on his own but what if it takes someone out? In such cases a simple penalty can't fix things but the teleportation catch the play on the act if you will and its like "No no no you won't do that"

You mean like how we've played the game for the last 10 years in lobbies?

No teleportation. No reset onto the track. Of you get punted off track, that's just a crappy thing for you. It's already crappy, I get that, but this is a hazard of racing. Just as an example of how teleportation helps can be found, I can site times that teleportation does not help. There have been times where I have been knocked off track, have ALMOST made my way back, and then the teleportation resets me somewhere further away than if just left me alone.

It's only there as a convenience, and it should be turned off.

Heck, left it on for Race A, but off for Race B and C.

You mean like how we've played the game for the last 10 years in lobbies?

No teleportation. No reset onto the track. Of you get punted off track, that's just a crappy thing for you. It's already crappy, I get that, but this is a hazard of racing. Just as an example of how teleportation helps can be found, I can site times that teleportation does not help. There have been times where I have been knocked off track, have ALMOST made my way back, and then the teleportation resets me somewhere further away than if just left me alone.

It's only there as a convenience, and it should be turned off.

Heck, left it on for Race A, but off for Race B and C.
I had a similar incident a long way back so perhaps you're right.

I could not believe OP, so I tried it on my own. It's real. If you do you're teleported just after the start/finish line.
I understand the safety hazard but this is just too much. ONE entire lap of penaltes? Couldn't they just teleport you a bit after the last corner? And you can't even disable track reset during the race, no matter if you turn off every single setting you can find.

Last edited:
I could not believe OP, so I tried it on my own. It's real. If you do you're teleported just after the start/finish line.
I understand the safety hazard but this is just too much. ONE entire lap of penalty? And you can't even disable track reset, no matter if you turn off every single setting there is.
I wonder what did our dear Kaz smoke when deciding for this penalty :lol:

I have to agree with the penalty in 1 way yes it should stand so to stop people cutting, but instead off teleportation, you should be put in the pit with a stop & stand. Other options is to set a pass zone with pit lanes like this with a markers that act as walls.

But the problem now is that some people will use it as a dirty move.

I don't see why we have teleportation at all, it's a race game if you come off no matter if it's your fault or a punt, we should drive back on ourselves.

I hate teleportation it more of a problem than fix no matter when it's used. Remove it or disable it in daily & FIA event.

And I don't understand why we don't have pit lane exit & entrance penalties.
I seen to many drivers cut the pit lane both ways. But yet in the FIA event on TV it's not allowed.

One thing we forgot we blame PD for the mistake in the game but the game was built on the mad idea people will race fair but that's not the case.

Back