Oval Racers..

• Thread starter Achilles
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
ARHL-_-Achilles
So far I have only entered one aspect of IRacing and that is the Oval Career.. So far I have entered 13 races. So far I have 4 wins, 12 top 5's and managed to finish 11 races without incident.. Driver rating is 2140 and SR Is D 3.74. I was able to get out of Rookie class within 4 races. I have heard people say rookie class was impossible. Here are my tips for you guys struggling in rookie class. Practice running a clean consistent line with the car. Focus on not sliding the car on corner entry/exit, this will help prevent over heating the tires. There will be faster drivers than you, if someone is faster or very aggressive just let them by. Most times they will wreck and you will gain the spot back if not 2. Practice running the entire race duration +10 laps. Once you can do this without a single incident (Loss of control/ contact) THEN you are ready to race. My advice is post a good qualifying time so you can start in a higher SOF and further towards the front of the grid. Main thing is to be very cautious and clean. Don't battle for position in rookie class. You will be successful. Even now I always do a minimum of 1 time trial without incident before I join any race.. Once you clear the "Fixed" street stock series my recommendation is to try to stick to racing in "Fixed set up series'" Early in the career you need to focus on technique and driving. Tuning should come later..
My Career right now.. I could have been in Class C by now but I have to invest in the tracks for the K&N Pro fixed series. I have the K&N Pro Chevrolet impala and I'm wondering if anyone wants to join in a practice session at Charlotte with me to get up to speed. So far I have a best time of 29.499 there.. Huge step up in speed from the street stock that is for sure..

So far I have only entered one aspect of IRacing and that is the Oval Career.. So far I have entered 13 races. So far I have 4 wins, 12 top 5's and managed to finish 11 races without incident.. Driver rating is 2140 and SR Is D 3.74. I was able to get out of Rookie class within 4 races. I have heard people say rookie class was impossible. Here are my tips for you guys struggling in rookie class. Practice running a clean consistent line with the car. Focus on not sliding the car on corner entry/exit, this will help prevent over heating the tires. There will be faster drivers than you, if someone is faster or very aggressive just let them by. Most times they will wreck and you will gain the spot back if not 2. Practice running the entire race duration +10 laps. Once you can do this without a single incident (Loss of control/ contact) THEN you are ready to race. My advice is post a good qualifying time so you can start in a higher SOF and further towards the front of the grid. Main thing is to be very cautious and clean. Don't battle for position in rookie class. You will be successful. Even now I always do a minimum of 1 time trial without incident before I join any race.. Once you clear the "Fixed" street stock series my recommendation is to try to stick to racing in "Fixed set up series'" Early in the career you need to focus on technique and driving. Tuning should come later..
My Career right now.. I could have been in Class C by now but I have to invest in the tracks for the K&N Pro fixed series. I have the K&N Pro Chevrolet impala and I'm wondering if anyone wants to join in a practice session at Charlotte with me to get up to speed. So far I have a best time of 29.499 there.. Huge step up in speed from the street stock that is for sure..
I can vouch and say this is legitimate information. Clean and consistent and you will be out of Rookies in no time. I'm a class C oval racer and a Class D road racer, and have several oval and one road win, all coming from being clean. Remember that SR is calculated by your accidents and "x"'s, not your position.

I can vouch and say this is legitimate information. Clean and consistent and you will be out of Rookies in no time. I'm a class C oval racer and a Class D road racer, and have several oval and one road win, all coming from being clean. Remember that SR is calculated by your accidents and "x"'s, not your position.
Yes this is true. SR is completely based on clean laps ran.. I'm only 17 races into my career and I'm D 3.99 and 2366 Driver rating. 16 top 5's, 4 or 5 wins and 5 poles. However I have seen people with way more wins that are a lower SR.. I had one race where I got ran into after being spun and it gave me 12/17 incidents. Counting that race I still average less than 2inc per race.. Stay clean, sometimes you will get wrecked and it wont be your fault. But best advice is make note of the crazies and stay clear of them..

I've been on and off in iRacing since 2012. Class A oval by simply staying out of trouble and racing clean races. It's not hard to do if you're patient and understand that every race isn't about winning

I've been on and off in iRacing since 2012. Class A oval by simply staying out of trouble and racing clean races. It's not hard to do if you're patient and understand that every race isn't about winning
Quick question Bhowe83, The Nascar National series (K&N Pro Chevrolet Impala) It is a fixed series, is the schedule the same every season? I am about to buy a track for the upcoming season and want to be sure I get the right track to practice for round 1

Next season's schedule is already out, check the staff anouncements on the home page or forums.

The seasons are usually pretty similar for each series but they do change a little here and there.

Latest Posts

Back