Over Drivin' - New fanfic attempt - Chapter 3 added

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
overdrivincover.jpg

Character Gallery:
Samson Pearce:
Samson, also called Sam by his friends, is 17 years old, owns a Mustang and has just finished High School in Liberty City. He likes the thrill of street racing, thus why his Mustang has just under 500hp. But he only shows that when the traffic lights go green and the flashing lights are far away.
Jack Lamont:
Jack Lamont is Sam's rival. Just like Sam, he finished High School and has a powerful car. Unlike Sam, this guy is attracted to new muscle, and therefore drives a tuned Viper. He is the ultimate showman, and doesn't like tail lights other than his own.
Claire Jackson:
Claire, like Sam and Jack, just finished High School. She was, honestly, not the smartest of all, but the best looking. For all the years, she had been on top of the list of what the guys wanted to claim. In the end, she decided on Jack.
Officer Fivedime:
Officer Fivedime is the law itself. On the outside! This person has a background in drug dealing, gang war and what's worse. Not much more is known about him.
Taejo Yoshimura
Taejo is a person you wouldn't notice in the numbers. He has a passion for cars and tuning. He is driving a R33 Skyline.

Chapter 1: High waves

Sam was in a good mood. Not only because he had finally finished the restoration of his old Mustang, but also because today was graduation day. All he had to do was to get his papers and say goodbye to his teachers, and soon he would be on his way off. He didn't know where he wanted to go. Maybe Paradise City. Seeing his old friend Carl, whose family moved when Sam was 7. 10 years ago. Wonder what he is doing now? Sam put the thought out of his head, promising himself he would visit Carl one day.
After finishing his graduation, he went back onto the car park to drive home and get ready for the big party in the night. He saw Jack had parked his car next to his own.
RoadCourse-Indy.jpg
He walked to get his car when he noticed Claire on the passenger seat in Jack's car.
"Hey Sam"
"Hey Claire"
"So, that's your Mustang?"
"Indeed it is"
"How much has it got?"
"Why don't you ask your boyfried?" Sam looked around and spotted Jack only a few meters away.
"You're fun. I love your style" Sam smiled and was about to get in his car, when a familiar voice, fueled by anger mixed with boast, crossed his ears.
"Hey you!" In his own mind, Sam could not stop thinking "not this a-hole again"
"Tell me one thing, 'cause I'm not sure if I'm right: Did I just see you talk to my girl?" Sam looked around for a second, as if he were trying to avoid the conflict he knew would come.
"You did, yes"
"Don't you play bad-ass on me. I know my rights"
"Then you'd also know that America is a free country"
The small crowd that had gathered began shouting. Mostly because they wanted to see how Jack would react to that.
"Then you'd also know talking to my girls means being on my property. And being on my property is trespassing"
The crowd shouted again.
"Then you'd also know that I know that you can't hide the beauties away all life"
Another shout from the crowd. Only this time, every single person on the car park was around them.
"You.. You.." Jack could not find words. 1-0.
"Call me when you have a reply"
The crowd laughed. And maybe exactly that was what provoked the next few seconds.
Just as Sam had risen into the car, a noise of cracking glass was heard. It was Jack. Who else? And now the Mustang didn't have a rear window.
Sam got out of the car again, and looked over at Jack who's all cheerful. For a second. Then he noticed.
"You want to fight or what?" Jack shouted.
"Only if you want to pay that window of mine"
Jack spits on the ground. He began to talk, and tried to keep his voice calm.
"You know what? For all these years, we've been against each other, and there was no end. Now that you have your car, why don't we race?"
Sam nodded. The card are shuffeled.

Chapter 2: The Faceoff​
Sam put on his seat belt. Just to be sure. And he made sure it was well clamped. A quick glance to the right, and he was looking at the red Viper. The challenge was set.
TrialMountainCircuit_7.jpg
Claire was going to start the race. She reminded that this is a one lap race, the winner will take the glory and her, the loser can go home and cry.
As she put her arms in the air to start the race, Sam re-checked everything. Locked and loaded. And the race is off!
Sam dropped back a little at the start. But not much. He was literally on Jack's butt. A little move to the right was blocked quickly. He floored the acceleartor, and moved to the left. Blocked. But it was part of the plan.
He tried again. Blocked.
And again.
Until he hit the brakes.
Jack, as the showman he is, believes it means Sam has quit. He begins to do showmanship. Mostly drifting.
TrialMountainCircuit_8.jpg

What Jack didn't notice is the blue Mustang in his rear view mirror. No, it was not in his mirror.. It was ahead of him!
"Who's laughing now Jack?"
"How in the.."
Being as angry as confused, Jack decided there's only one way to get past again.
TrialMountainCircuit_9.jpg
He hit the Mustang on the rear end. Just hard enough to make it spin. But Sam saved it by putting the car in reverse. During the move, he strikes Jacks Viper and sends it off road. Probably hit a tree.
Sam could now see the finish line. Unfortunately, his car was damaged too much to keep on the road. He hits the bank of the road, and rolls.
And rolls
And rolls.
TrialMountainCircuit_10.jpg

Of course, all this had gained attention from the local police. They found the wrecked Viper deep in the forest and the Mustang exactly where it ended. With the wheels in the air. Sam knew he was in big trouble. Not only was he now accused for illegal street racing, but also illegal modification. That alone in LC could mean a 50.000$ fine.
"That's some 🤬 you've caused there" Said Officer Fivedime, who was to interview Sam. Fivedime was the only person in the world Sam hated more than Jack.
"Do you see your two friends? No. And you know why? Connections my friend"
"But you know what kid? I'm gonna let you go"

"What?"
"You heard me I'm busy transferring to Paradise City. BUT.."

"But what? ..Officer?"
"That was better kid. I have 2 conditions"
"I'm listening"
"1: I don't want to see or hear about you again"
"Understood. What's the other"
"That you fulfill the first one by not staying here"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean that as long as we are in the same country, on the same continent, I WILL HEAR YOUR NAME!"
"Wait, what?"
"You heard me. I don't want you to leave town, or state, or country. I want you to 🤬 off the american continent. I'll visit your mom tomorrow and if you're still there I'm gonna lock you up for trespassing. Entiendes?

Last edited:
Nice story, if a little short. It all looks like it's going to rush by pretty quickly. The story quickly skips from one scene to another. Other than that, good start.

lbpomg95
Nice story, if a little short. It all looks like it's going to rush by pretty quickly. The story quickly skips from one scene to another. Other than that, good start.

Thanks 👍 the short chapters are definitely something that can be changed easily. The quick skips are because, well, nothing important happens inbetween, but I'll see what I can do for chapter 3 :)

Thanks 👍 the short chapters are definitely something that can be changed easily. The quick skips are because, well, nothing important happens inbetween, but I'll see what I can do for chapter 3 :)

A scene doesn't necessarily have to be important to the plot to be interesting. Keep that in mind :sly:

A scene doesn't necessarily have to be important to the plot to be interesting. Keep that in mind :sly:

I will keep that in mind ;) holy moly, chapter 3 will grow to 3x the original size :lol: it'll probably take some time before it's up due to school etc. so bear over with me :)

AstonMartinDBR9
Good story so far.

Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift anyone?

Yes but it's from now on it REALLY begins. There is a point in the "living in the states before being sent out" :)

And I'll give a digital cookie to the first person to guess the other three references :D

OK, the pictures for this chapter got lost somewhere and I've not really had time the last few days. So, to make up for it, I'll just give you:

Chapter 3: A new beginning

Sam looked around him. Only two hours ago he was evicted from home. Told he could go to hell with the problems he made.
With that criminal record you should be glad I'm letting you go
Those words were still in his head, along with the tears on his mothers face. But he resisted to cry, and instead took out his cellphone to look at the message Carl had sent him.
In the message Carl said he had a friend over therre who owed him a favor, and that Sam could live at his place.
"Look after a Yellow R33 Skyline", it said. "His name is Taejo".
Sam leaned back in the seat. His journey had only just begun..

Arriving in Tokyo Airport, Sam felt confused. Despite having trained his japanese with his side mate, he felt like it was all wasted. All those different letters filled his head and kept spinning around.
As Carl got out onto the street, all he saw was a mass of people. The rumor was true. Japan was too small for so many people.
A car close to him honked. He looked in the direction and saw a Yellow Skyline, matching the description. The man next to the car didn't look different to most others. He was around the mid 20's, Sam assumed. He walks towards him.
Konichonua
It's Konichiwa, Sam
How do you know my name?
Carl told me to look out for a confused tourist. You fitted that description
Sam took a look at the car. Not the kind of car he was used to.
So, this is your car?
Well, I'm standing next to it, right? Let's go
They both get into the car.

Where are we going?
You'll see
Sam looked at the highway signs. He concluded they have been driving for only about 30 miles. To kill the silence, he started a conversation.
How long have you lived here?
A few years I guess.
What were you doing before?
Quiet..
Carl tells me you're a good driver
That depends on who I'm racing
Quit playing humble. Carl told me about what happened a year ago
Sam knew the reference. One year ago, he succeeded in escaping the police. Driving a golf cart. Sam got a little smile on the face. He looked and saw Taejo could see the fun part too.
The question is, have you still got the speed?
What are you talking about?
Taejo parks the car on the emergency lane, steps out and walks to Sams door.
Take the wheel
What?
Take the wheel
Short break
OK
Sam steps out and rises into the drivers seat.
Show me what you've got
Not as soon as Taejo had said that, the RB26DETT engine combined with a high performance, straight from the old JGTC R33's exhaust, made a roar as from Godzilla itselfs, and only 5 seconds later, Sam noticed the speedo-needle crossing 150.
What in the..
It’s showing kilometers. I think that explains it all
Sam does some head counting. If his math is not bad they’re going around 100 miles per hour.
Shall we find out what can this car do?
Not in my car. You’ll have your own
So we’re heading for the garage?
Taejo nods. Sam responds by putting a little more pressure to his right foot.

Back