Overboost

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gabkicks
  • 12 comments
  • 1,129 views
Messages
5,611
Messages
Gabkicks
Messages
GabkicksX
I was wondering if gt4 will have any cars that use overboost. I know there are lots of
Racing leagues and tuner cars that use this, and its often mistaken for NOS by some dumbies :dunce: . LOTs of tuner cars have overboost but weirdly i havent heard anything about it in gt4.
 
I doubt it, overboost is just a gear isn't it, I know it's very different to N20 my mates dad had a Jaguar with it and it was just an extra gear. If it is then theres no need for it since we'll be changing the gears ourselves.
 
live4speed
I doubt it, overboost is just a gear isn't it, I know it's very different to N20 my mates dad had a Jaguar with it and it was just an extra gear. If it is then theres no need for it since we'll be changing the gears ourselves.

I think you've mistaken overboost with overdrive....
 
I think I have :confused:.
 
Forgot to add a real reply. I'll give an explanation about what overboost is aswell.

Overboost is when you have a turbo or supercharger, that produces a higher boost than your boost setting, or the engine can handle. This is typically eliminated by "bleeders". They let out excessive boost.

I don't think overboost will be added to the game. This is because we can tune our car very precisely. And even if it were in the game, it wouldn't affect anything because there is no engine wear.
 
i know that im talking about, lol. i was just asking if it were in the game. And I dont remember what it was... but it was some type of gt or DTM racing league in europe where the cars had overboost, and a friend of mine mistook it for NOS and i flamed him :dopey:
 
I think overboost would be a welcome addition, I'd use it as a last resort or when I want a dramatic finish :dopey: , pull onto the front straight neck and neck, activate overboost and lurch ahead.
 
I saw Keiichi testing a Espirit tuned R34 during this 6 car tuned r34 battle and his had Overboost, and he used it everytime he came up on a straight and pwned all the other skylines. It looked like they were standing still compared to him. The car couldnt have had much more horsepower than the other cars. Its not a gimmick or anything because some European racing leagues allow it.
 
I personally am not a big fan of it. In the US cart uses it to add some excitement into otherwise draft only races, and it does it's job well. I don't like the idea of anyone flying by me because of a short term power adder (N02, overboost, whatever). I know for a fact that cart races with a driver using almost no overboost. whatever.
 
I'm confused...I've been seeing "pwned" in a lot of the threads I've seen, and I was just wondering what it meant...
 
Most modern production turbo cars (petrol and diesel) have an overboost function, but it works differently than what you may think: under heavy acceleration (when you require 100 percent engine power), peak turbo pressure automatically goes a little bit over normal values for a few seconds, increasing power and torque, then goes back to standard pressure.

In GT4 Prologue, for example, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII MR increases its high rpm peak turbo pressure for some fractions of seconds (a very short amount of time) if you let off gas then you give it quickly again, but I don't think it's a real "overboost".
 
Creep666
I'm confused...I've been seeing "pwned" in a lot of the threads I've seen, and I was just wondering what it meant...


well, its a term used in first person shooters. :dopey:
 
Back