Overlooked car details?

ACE_N_RANDIE
N/A
Hello, I did several searches and I was unable to find any previous threads related to the subject.
But I was watching Top Gear a few days ago where they drove the Ferrari 599, and it got me wanting to play GT5P, so when I got on I noticed that, unlike what I viewed on Top Gear the GT5P model was missing the lights on the steering wheel that tell the driver when to shift.
Perhaps a minor overlooked detail? I'm not complaining about it, just making the observation. Wondering if anyone else has seen any missing details to other vehicles in the game?

Best wishes,
ACE_N_RANDIE

I think it's car functionality, Polyphony Digital said that they would get the car functions to be as functional as the real car. There are other cars in the game too that are suppose to have the shifting warning light flashing in the gauge's area, I spotted that as well so the functionality of the cars are minor but when we get those updates, we might be able to do all the stuff as we do to a real car (turn on your lights, use cruise control, etc.)

I saw the same and i would love to see those lights working and i also really hope that we are allowed to turn on headlights, fog lights etc... but on our own wish like only fogs or only low - highbeam.
anyways, what i really dont need is a functioning cruise control. this is GT5 not TDU

Chris

some thing that misses for me is the thing with the shifting pedles... in the f1 you see the finger animation for shifting, but in other cars the hands never leaf position. i hope that they will do something with that.

I think it's car functionality, Polyphony Digital said that they would get the car functions to be as functional as the real car. There are other cars in the game too that are suppose to have the shifting warning light flashing in the gauge's area, I spotted that as well so the functionality of the cars are minor but when we get those updates, we might be able to do all the stuff as we do to a real car (turn on your lights, use cruise control, etc.)

Thats your answer! As well as 900* steering animations rather than 90* :ouch:

Thats the one whether that was ment to be there or not i dont know but ive come to expect it from cars like the Ford GT LM and other tuned cars

The most obviously overlooked detail is with the Citroen C4's fixed hub steering wheel (or lack of).

You haven't driven the C4 for quite some time? (in GT5P) as said a few posts above it was fixed a while ago.

Thats the one whether that was ment to be there or not i dont know but ive come to expect it from cars like the Ford GT LM and other tuned cars

All the gameshow builds just prior to the release of GT4, including GT4P didn't have backfires either, it was first noticed within a couple weeks of GT4 release in Japan (in a gamehow held in Korea or China IIRC).

So it should be back in GT5.

I think you will find that the flashing lights maybe an optional extra in real life.

Well that got me to thinking you might be right.

According to ForbesAutos.com that would be part of a $3,772.00 USD optional package to the Ferrari 599. Called the "Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel w/LED Rev Display".
After 12 posts I answered my own question! Thanks guys! Looking down the list that car has tons of options for the finer details. Seat piping with color upon request:$754, Silver Dedication Plate:$405, Clothes Hangar:$1,339-better be the world best clothes hangar! The list goes on too, kinda cool to look at if you have some time to kill!

Back