Overtake on the outside vs the AI

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wide Boy
  • 4 comments
  • 719 views
Messages
292
New Zealand
New Zealand
Not sure where to put this & its totally unrealistic but helps improve your driving a bit with learning new lines.
Limit yourself to say 2 overtakes up the inside & pass everybody else cleanly on the outside. Some tracks this is quite hard but it means you cant overtake everywhere & actually have to set up some passes rather than just going round a mobile obstacle.
So it puts a bit of fun back
 
Good idea, with AI as predictable and generally uncompetitive as they are its important to find ways of making it more of a challenge. If you are an average driver using a full or nearly full PP car then you are going to find it fairly easy to get 1st place but if you want to make it fun then you've got to find new challenges.
My racing style is fairly wild and aggressive offline, I don't really care if I bump into the AI, I often challenge myself to win the race without contact or making any crazy moves and its immediately more fun. If I'm still getting to the front easily then I will set a time that all the laps have to be under so I'm still having to push myself rather than just grinding the rest of the race out. Another fun one is to set the brake balance to 1/10 so it acts like a handbrake, theres few things more challenging than trying to slow a car down at the end of the Mulsanne Straight with only the rear brakes!
The game is only as challenging and fun as you want to make it.
 
Good idea, with AI as predictable and generally uncompetitive as they are its important to find ways of making it more of a challenge. If you are an average driver using a full or nearly full PP car then you are going to find it fairly easy to get 1st place but if you want to make it fun then you've got to find new challenges.
My racing style is fairly wild and aggressive offline, I don't really care if I bump into the AI, I often challenge myself to win the race without contact or making any crazy moves and its immediately more fun. If I'm still getting to the front easily then I will set a time that all the laps have to be under so I'm still having to push myself rather than just grinding the rest of the race out. Another fun one is to set the brake balance to 1/10 so it acts like a handbrake, theres few things more challenging than trying to slow a car down at the end of the Mulsanne Straight with only the rear brakes!
The game is only as challenging and fun as you want to make it.
THAT! I so wish PD would update to apply the PP Differential bonus to all the career races! Under the old GT5 Seasonal program, I'd have already won the cash to get at least half the top-tier cars I still have my eye on. As it is, my dealership triumphs so far are only the Toyota 88 and I just got the Ferrari 250 Berlinetta.
Now if only I had somewhere fun to drive it!:lol::cheers:
 
Seeing GT bots practically come to a halt in the apex of slow corners, passing them round the outside has been a piece of cake since a long time already.
 
The AI in this game is epically rubbish!

Was using a mildy tuned RX7 on naff tyres on the Japan events earlier. Lead car was the Tommy Kaira thing the really fast one. So in a 4 lap race after a lap you are about 9 seconds behind, then you get to second and third and they are about 4 seconds in front and you can catch them fairly easily.

You overtake after catching easily, then they just sit there, in your mirror nudging, all of a sudden finding that massive gain in PP that they forgot for the first 3 laps

Its frankly pathetic and a really poor way to try and make races hard. Either make the lead cars fast or make the AI beter so they race you, dont make them fast, 10 seconds a lap slower, then as soon as you pass them, make them fast again so they try and spin uou and overtake on power where before you flew last them easily on power.

Lame sorry just simply lame
 
Back