Overtaking

• Thread starter Turbosz
  • 11 comments
Netherlands
Doetinchem
Gran Turismo 5
I have a problem with my BOB.While driving in any race at Cote DÁzur,he ceashes every time into the wall at the chicane just outside the tunnel.I tried to order him to slow down all the timne,but he keeps on crashing.Most of the time he loses a place,which he gains back again continuing the race,untill he crashes again.It frustrates me all the time.Tried another BOB,no difference.Is there a way to solve this problem ??

You should be able to limit the engine and ballast to get below 600pp, if I'm not mistaken.

Ken,I've noticed that,and (when necessary) re-arranged,but the problem is the overtaking,he crashes all the time.Btw,the car is a Paganni Zonda R '02.

I have a problem with my BOB.While driving in any race at Cote DÁzur,he ceashes every time into the wall at the chicane just outside the tunnel.I tried to order him to slow down all the timne,but he keeps on crashing.Most of the time he loses a place,which he gains back again continuing the race,untill he crashes again.It frustrates me all the time.Tried another BOB,no difference.Is there a way to solve this problem ??

If I understand the thread title correctly, he's trying to overtake at the chicane, right? Make sure to back off well before the chicane (takes time to cool down) and once you passed it you can pick up the pace again.

It's a fault in the AI for this track, even in A spec or Challenge races the AI drivers occasionally crash there.

eran004 is right,he's overtaking where I don't want Bob to do so.Tried to back him off and decrease the pace,but he seems to be slightly stubborn in continuing to crash.I think I'll get Bob a super-market troley to get him some experience LOL

What level is your driver? Ideally, you want lvl30+ for cars >600PP. Also only use him when he's happy (blue arrow up). With Overtake, it only works if there's an opportunity to exploit (opponent took a wide/slow turn, after drafting on a straight, etc), otherwise Overtake can cause Bob to try-w/o-opportunity and he will crash :D

Bob is at lvl 23 (or so,might be 22 or 24).I tried so many times to decrease the pace while in the tunnel (just before the chicane) but Bob won't pay atention to that.For the 2J fans : I haven't got that car (yet),still looking at the UCD.

Bob is at lvl 23 (or so,might be 22 or 24).I tried so many times to decrease the pace while in the tunnel (just before the chicane) but Bob won't pay atention to that.For the 2J fans : I haven't got that car (yet),still looking at the UCD.

Then it sounds like he could do with getting a few more levels at least. 2J won't really matter if you don't have it as long as your driver is a good enough level in whatever car you use.

In GT3 there was an option OVERTAKE,which you could or not.If you had highlighted it,Bob would overtake.If you hadn't highlighted it,Bob refuses to overtake,unless a car crashed/got off track.That option would be usefull to have at GT5.As always Bob tries to overtake at places where he shouldn't,like in Cote d'Azur at 2 points.

Back