OWS - Now Saturday morning and Wednesday evening. Casual and beginner racers wanted!Open 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 565 comments
That was great fun! I meant to save the replay on the last race, but got distracted and forgot. Loved seeing all the different cars out there, some interesting ones this week!

Thanks everyone for joining! I'm gonna put up some tracks and PP for next week today if I can, in case you speedy guys want to practice and get even further ahead of me 😉

Edit - I want to keep the 'old and slow' thing going, but I didn't find 400pp too bad at all. What do you guys think? I think once we start going over 500 it gets a little away from the theme, but 350-450 seems like it might be the sweet spot for lots of choice

Last edited:
It was great fun. 👍 Thanks everyone & especially @Benny44 for hosting. Sorry for any bumping but there was a bit of lag or glitching going on. :boggled:

A 250 race would be ideal to start things off & progress from there with 450 being the max. There's lots of cars that'll make that limit. Not sure how your tire wear was but mine in the last race was terrible. Left front was gone & right rear hardly worn. Very strange.

See yas next weekend.

It was great fun. 👍 Thanks everyone & especially @Benny44 for hosting. Sorry for any bumping but there was a bit of lag or glitching going on. :boggled:

A 250 race would be ideal to start things off & progress from there with 450 being the max. There's lots of cars that'll make that limit. Not sure how your tire wear was but mine in the last race was terrible. Left front was gone & right rear hardly worn. Very strange.

See yas next weekend.
There was definitely lag at some points. I didn't notice too much, other than 3 or 4 instances.

For next week I'm thinking of a tour of Japan. Especially since @PapaGnr 's favorite Course is there with Suzuka😛. In all seriousness though, there's some nice short tracks there that are seldom used - Autopolis (shortcut course), Kyoto (Miyabi), Suzuka East, Tsukuba and Broad Bean are all under 2 miles.

If I have time (or anyone else wants to test) I'm thinking of what PapaGNR and I were chatting about, and making one race a HP/tire limit and a weight minimum. Might be fun to put the last big race on Broad Bean with those settings and crank everything to maximum wear/consumption. Just a thought, let me know what you think!

Last edited:
There was definitely lag at some points. I didn't notice too much, other than 3 or 4 instances.

For next week I'm thinking of a tour of Japan. Especially since @PapaGnr 's favorite Course is there with Suzuka😛. In all seriousness though, there's some nice short tracks there that are seldom used - Autopolis (shortcut course), Kyoto (Miyabi), Suzuka East, Tsukuba and Broad Bean are all under 2 miles.

If I have time (or anyone else wants to test) I'm thinking of what PapaGNR and I were chatting about, and making one race a HP/tire limit and a weight minimum. Might be fun to put the last big race on Broad Bean with those settings and crank everything to maximum wear/consumption. Just a thought, let me know what you think!
No, I really like Suzuka. It's the confined walls of Tokyo that I hate. :mad: Give us back the old Tokyo.

I think, LETS DO IT, @Benny44.

Last edited:
That was great fun! I meant to save the replay on the last race, but got distracted and forgot. Loved seeing all the different cars out there, some interesting ones this week!

Thanks everyone for joining! I'm gonna put up some tracks and PP for next week today if I can, in case you speedy guys want to practice and get even further ahead of me 😉

Edit - I want to keep the 'old and slow' thing going, but I didn't find 400pp too bad at all. What do you guys think? I think once we start going over 500 it gets a little away from the theme, but 350-450 seems like it might be the sweet spot for lots of choice
450 starts getting into properly fast cars, but i am open to it! i'll try and find something slower than that alpine - wanted to run a different 350 but everything was spinning out. speaking of, i am so sorry about the spinout on lap 1 of the finale. seeing all four cars behind me messed up, including papagnr coming to a complete stop (oy vey) was very embarrassing!! * tire wear was actually fine, it was the cold tires that messed me up. but a one stop was out of the question... i forgot to adjust the map on lap 1 - not great fuel mileage on the 100 year old car.

20970428213467600.jpg

and i tried the rallycross per @PapaGnr , with the van, and its actually quite a bit of a fun... might be another consideration. and i saved the replay for each race - i clipped photos but i can share that when i'm on later as well. time to make sure we go another 3 years without a mouse sighting.

20970339284706182.jpg

20970667658382485.jpg
20970678054862610.jpg

20970605839304928.jpg

Last edited:
450 starts getting into properly fast cars, but i am open to it! i'll try and find something slower than that alpine - wanted to run a different 350 but everything was spinning out. speaking of, i am so sorry about the spinout on lap 1 of the finale. seeing all four cars behind me messed up, including papagnr coming to a complete stop (oy vey) was very embarrassing!! * tire wear was actually fine, it was the cold tires that messed me up. but a one stop was out of the question... i forgot to adjust the map on lap 1 - not great fuel mileage on the 100 year old car.

View attachment 1244656

and i tried the rallycross per @PapaGnr , with the van, and its actually quite a bit of a fun... might be another consideration. and i saved the replay for each race - i clipped photos but i can share that when i'm on later as well. time to make sure we go another 3 years without a mouse sighting.

View attachment 1244660
View attachment 1244658View attachment 1244659
View attachment 1244657
No problem @permaculture. I think lag was at fault there, coz 1 car just backed into me at 200mph ? (it was fast)

Great shots of the races. I forgot to save any, DOH.

Yeah, excellent shots @permaculture . Does anyone know if there are rallycross tracks in Japan? We could go a couple ways with it - just do a short race this week or next, or wait until next week and make it a main event.

, I really like Suzuka. It's the confined walls of Tokyo that I hate. :mad: Give us back the old Tokyo.
I agree with the old Tokyo, loved that course! I'll make sure to just have a short race on it. I'm not a big fan either.

I'm going to have to get next Sunday's races sorted soon because my week will be very busy

0 idea about the other rallycross tracks, ill check that out as well. and i will share the video of the last race at some point today, i'll tag it #ows and #gtplanet . and i'm glad you guys enjoy the photos! these sorts of races make it a lot of fun to do.

last 3 -

20970134554159426.jpg

20970150043239439.jpg

20970568874699900.jpg

Loving the pics @permaculture !

So, I have an idea. But first, this Sunday!
We are going to tour Suzuka East, Kyoto (Miyabi course), and Autopolis (shortcut course). We will do 375pp for these.

I'll open the room at the top of the hour, then we'll have the big race at 7am my time. 25 laps at Broad Bean Raceway with fuel and tire wear set to 50x. Your choice of comfort tires. However, no PP limit - 225 hp and a minimum of 2800lbs.

First place will get 10 points, second will get 7, third will get 5 and then 4,3,2,1. BUT....since this is OWS, there's a twist. We're going to have a "beauty" pageant. Have an old, odd car? You'll be scored out of 10 for unique-ness. A funny/weird/unique livery? Also scored out of 10. I will judge unless we can find someone independent. I won't score mine🤣

Last edited:

We are going to tour Suzuka East, Kyoto (Miyabi course), and Autopolis (shortcut course). We will do 375pp for these.

I'll open the room at the top of the hour, then we'll have the big race at 7am my time. 25 laps at Broad Bean Raceway with fuel and tire wear set to 50x. Your choice of comfort tires. However, no PP limit - 225 hp and a minimum of 2800lbs.

First place will get 10 points, second will get 7, third will get 5 and then 4,3,2,1. BUT....since this is OWS, there's a twist. We're going to have a "beauty" pageant. Have an old, odd car? You'll be scored out of 10 for unique-ness. A funny/weird/unique livery? Also scored out of 10. I will judge unless we can find someone independent. I won't score mine🤣
Time to readjust my pick for Broad Bean. Not sure I can lower HP enough. The rest of the races look awesome. Thanks @Benny44.

Edit: got my HP down & did a test run. WOW, more time in pits than on track. What is refueling speed going to be ?

Last edited:
Time to readjust my pick for Broad Bean. Not sure I can lower HP enough. The rest of the races look awesome. Thanks @Benny44.

Edit: got my HP down & did a test run. WOW, more time in pits than on track. What is refueling speed going to be ?
It's that bad is it? I could put the fuel down to 25x, where I had it before. I was already thinking of upping the refueling speed

It's that bad is it? I could put the fuel down to 25x, where I had it before. I was already thinking of upping the refueling speed
I ran a custom race against randoms & had to put fuel to 6 in order to get 4 laps. Some randoms pitted after 1 lap. Pit entry is very long & refuel rate was at 3, so pit stay was over a minute. It will be interesting no matter the set-up.

Tire wear will also be an issue, especially right front. Tire choice is crucial.

Last edited:
I ran a custom race against randoms & had to put fuel to 6 in order to get 4 laps. Some randoms pitted after 1 lap. Pit entry is very long & refuel rate was at 3, so pit stay was over a minute. It will be interesting no matter the set-up.

Tire wear will also be an issue, especially right front. Tire choice is crucial.
I don't want to make it too difficult, so I'll put it down to 25. I appreciate you testing/practicing!

375pp still comfort hards or going to mediums? going to try and whip something up other than the whistling Alpine.

and i like the idea for the long race! i'll see if i can work anything up besides the Gordini.

375pp still comfort hards or going to mediums? going to try and whip something up other than the whistling Alpine.

and i like the idea for the long race! i'll see if i can work anything up besides the Gordini.
I think we'll stick with CH. I might actually have an hour or so tomorrow to do some testing and getting a car ready!

I think we'll stick with CH. I might actually have an hour or so tomorrow to do some testing and getting a car ready!
I'm keeping my pick for the BIG 1 under wraps. All the races should be fun. 375 opens up a lot of cars to use, but I'm trying to stay with classics.

Last edited:

225 / 2800 is a great combo, lot of vintage options!
I'm keeping my pick for the BIG 1 under wraps. All the races should be fun. 375 opens up a lot of cars to use, but I'm trying to stay with classics.
i am so tempted to drive my Golden Red Pig, but at 3800lbs minimum weight it might not be the wisest choice! i'd have to coast when the winds behind me! and agreed on 375, i had to force myself to choose 3

Last edited:
Just a reminder, there's no set rules on what you can drive. If you want to drive something like that sweet Daihatsu Copen in your garage, feel free! The main thing is using different cars, especially those ones that normally collect dust in your garage

Edit- also, these cars will be posted on here. So, it would be best to stay away from anything politically/racially charged. We're just here for the cars, not debates on hot-button topics 😀

Last edited:
Edit- also, these cars will be posted on here. So, it would be best to stay away from anything politically/racially charged. We're just here for the cars, not debates on hot-button topics 😀
took me a minute to realize what you meant here. you are right, though i'm glad it was hard for me to even imagine it lmao.

it was hard to even come up with a joke response!

Last edited:
Back