pɐǝɹɥʇ lɐᴉɔᴉɟɟoun ǝɥʇ - ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀

Sky News continuing to have a normal one.

Think a large section of NSW people did want a Labor Government. Considering they, you know, voted for them. To steal a line from @TexRex. Why do conservatives hate free speech?

I'd imagine many Americans (and I'm not including @TexRex in this one) would be confused by the fact what's considered our right leaning/conservative party are actually called the Liberal Party.

I'd imagine many Americans (and I'm not including @TexRex in this one) would be confused by the fact what's considered our right leaning/conservative party are actually called the Liberal Party.
Venturing a guess that they tend toward free market policy (or say that they do even when they don't, like Republicans here) while wanting to dictate much of your daily lives, like Republicans here. "Liberal" doesn't mean left.

Last edited:
Venturing a guess that they tend toward free market policy (or say that they do even when they don't, like Republicans here) while wanting to dictate much of your daily lives, like Republicans here.
Pretty much 👍
"Liberal" doesn't mean left.
Oh yeah I get that.
Just what I was trying to convey that my observations from afar (and I could be wrong) is that to some Americans if you mention the word liberal to them it's automatically correlated to being a left wing Connie lunatic etc.

Pretty much 👍

Oh yeah I get that.
Just what I was trying to convey that my observations from afar (and I could be wrong) is that to some Americans if you mention the word liberal to them it's automatically correlated to being a left wing Connie lunatic etc.
I think you explained yourself pretty well in your previous post. Made sense to me.

Ironically, up here in Pommyland "liberal" isn't strongly associated with either left or right. I guess without an explicitly named Tory party in down under mainstream politics the RWNJs have to find somewhere to er "con"-gregate and the Libs fit the bill.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I get that.
Yeah, apologies, I meant that as something like "Americans would do well to understand that 'liberal' doesn't mean left."

Liberalism's association with progressive politics goes back to FDR and the New Deal, and has been picked up as a kind of slur to brand individuals as communists without explicitly saying so, but liberalism is rooted in liberty and the evolution of the term liberalism paved the way for libertarianism to signal back to what liberalism was.

At bare minimum, liberalism is seen as the opposite of conservatism, but that's not accurate either. Progressivism is more the opposite of conservatism, and liberalism is counter to both.

Last edited:
Another election loss for the Liberal Party with the NSW state election going the way of Labor and another amazing pic of Sky News anchor Peta Credlin with a face like thunder as the result is called.

FsHwD5YaMAAgVxC

View attachment 1242655
She looks like she got fined for parking her Range Rover in a bike lane or on the footpath.

Sad news on Barry Humphries dying. Will be remembered internationally for Edna Everage but Les Patterson was brilliant as well.

Another astonishingly popular drag act that hasn't been a problem for over 50 years.

Sad news on Barry Humphries dying. Will be remembered internationally for Edna Everage but Les Patterson was brilliant as well.

Another astonishingly popular drag act that hasn't been a problem for over 50 years.
Love Barry and Dame Edna.

Was Edna as popular in the Land Down Under as she was in the UK?

Back