P&G Indycar Series (In development) - Jan. 2016 StartDraft 

J_Starscream

(Banned)
United Kingdom
Anglo-Swiss
J_Starscream
P&G Indycar Series

DISCLAMER: P&G is a fictional sponsor title of the series. Any copyright issues are all unintended and will be subsequently amended.

FGT photo.jpg

Hello, fellow racers. Welcome to the GTPlanet page for the upcoming P&G Indycar Series.

At this moment in time the series is in its development stage and I will issue a warning that this may not commence if we either: do not acquire enough signups or any issues regarding the game. Testing for this series will be extensive as the majority of the circuits on the calendar will be user-made (and I will credit the course creator for each if needed).

This series will utilise the Formula Gran Turismo, the fastest open-wheel racing car in the game. The cars' spec will be approximate to those used in the CART/Indycar series in the 1990's, as this is what the series is based upon.

An small insight into 90's Indycar

In the 1990's, Indycar was filled with ex-F1 drivers such as the likes of Nigel Mansell, Mario & Michael Andretti, Eddie Cheever, Emerson Fittipaldi, Mauricio Gugelmin, Teo Fabi, Stefan Johansson, Christian Danner, Nelson Piquet, Danny Sullivan and Raul Boesel, and future F1 drivers such as Jacques Villeneuve, Andrea Montermini, Alex Zanardi and Giovanni Lavaggi.

Nigel Mansell still stands, to this day, as the only driver to win F1 and Indycar championship back-to-back, an amazing feat which a lot of current and previous racing drivers still thoroughly respect.
Emerson Fittipaldi, known as one of the best F1 drivers, won another title in Indycar and finished runner-up a handful of times.
Mario Andretti, hailed as the best American racing driver to have ever lived, won 1 championship title in F1 and 1 in Indycar as well as a class win at Le Mans.
Jacques Villenueve won an Indycar title in 1995 and nearly won the F1 title the very next year, which would have matched Mansell's record (before winning the F1 title in 1997).

1990-1999 Indycar title winners:

Al Unser, Jr. (1990, 1994)
Michael Andretti (1991)
Bobby Rahal (1992)
Nigel Mansell (1993)
Jacques Villeneuve (1995)
Jimmy Vasser (1996)
Alex Zanardi (1997, 1998)
Juan Pablo Montoya (1999)

CAR

Formula Gran Turismo

After oil change.

Power (BHP): 750*
Weight (KG): 700

The cars' spec will closely match that of the Indycars at the time.

*Competitors will be allowed to run 900hp at the Indianapolis 500 and at Michigan.

REGULATIONS

All competitors must run Soft compound tyres and Wet tyres at selected weather events. However, only Medium compound tyres will be permitted at the Indianapolis 500.

Setup tuning is permitted in the series. This is not a spec series, it is a case of 'the best driver will win the title'.

Upgrading the body rigidy is optional and will be a case of driver preference.

All races will stay true to their distance unless stated otherwise.

RULES

The rules that have been written have to be fully conducted and monitored by stewards and drivers alike:

"Divebombing" will not be permitted. The 3/4 car length rule will be active throughout every session over the course of the season. Meaning that if you are going to overtake another competitor that you are racing, you must be alongside to be able to pass. However, the defending driver does not have to give way to you but only give room to you. They have a right to the position too.

A 'no contact' rule will not be enforced but rather a 'minimal contact' rule. This is a racing series and contact will happen every now and then. Be aware of the phrase 'rubbing is racing'. However, too much contact that forces another driver to yield or drive off of the road because of you, then you will be held responsible and are subject to penalty if any need to be implied.

Track limits rules will be in force for every session. Two wheels must remain between the white lines on every circuit at all times. The limit does not include the kerbs or green-painted areas. A driver found to be exceeding the limits will be subject to a penalty if they are found to gain an advantage.

The blue flag will be shown to drivers that are about to be lapped by any driver that is almost a lap ahead of them. The blue flag will be shown when the car behind is within 1.5 seconds of the slower driver. It is then up to the slower driver to decide on a line to take into the next section of the circuit so that the leading car(s) know where the slower driver is.
If the slower driver is found to be impeding on a faster driver then they will be commanded to move off of the racing line and allow the faster car to pass, failure to do so will result in a penalty. Referring to the overtaking rule, the faster driver also holds responsibility in ensuring that no damaging contact is made to either driver.

Bump drafting, popular on oval courses, is not permitted as it interferes with another drivers' race.

Intentional or 'payback' motives which results in contact or an accident will not be permitted in any circumstance and is punishable only by giving a black flag to the offending driver, disqualifying him from the event. The driver will then be placed on probation or (if the incident was serious enough) asked to leave the series and will not be allowed to re-enter until the next season.

Regulations are in place for a reason. Any driver found to be breaching these regulations e.g. more HP or less KG will be asked to correct them and will serve a grid-drop of 10 places.

PENALTIES

Penalties are given to drivers to punish them from breaking or breaching any rules or regulations. The penalties will be set out into three stages.

STAGE 1

Stage 1 penalties are small but effective and they include:

5-second time penalty - This is a penalty that is given after the race and during stewarding. 5 seconds is added onto your total time if given, and you will lose finishing positions if there are others within 5 seconds of you.

Pre-race grid-drop - This will be given to drivers that are found to be breaching regulations before the start of the race. It does not matter when the breach has been found, whether it is in qualifying or in pre-race 'spec checks'. The minimum drop is 10-places. If a driver is qualified from 7th place or lower in the event then the remaining grid-drop places will be carried over to the next event.

STAGE 2

Stage 2 penalties are more punishing and (hopefully) less common than stage 1. They include:

10 to 60-second time penalties - Similar to the 5-second time penalty except more punishing.

STAGE 3

Stage 3 penalties are the most extreme that can be given in this series and they include:

Disqualification - If you commit an offence serious enough you may receive the black flag and disqualification in the race and possibly from future races.

Series boot - A rare punishment, but given to those that continue to break rules and consistently annoy others on or off circuit. When you receive a 'series boot' it means you have been asked to leave the series. You will need able to re-register until the next season has commenced.

ROOM SETTINGS

Room mode: Practice/Qualifying then Practice/Race
Room privacy: Club only

Race quality: 4 stars
Voice chat: disabled
Fixed room ownership: No

Start type: Grid start
Grid order: Fastest first
Boost: Off
Penalty: None
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip reduction on wet track/track edge: Real
Minimum no. of pitstops: 0
Race finish delay: 90 seconds
Visible damage: On
Mechanical damage: Heavy
Slipstream strength: Real

PP limit: No limit
Max power limit: 750hp (900hp for Indianapolis)
Minimum weight: 700kg
Tyres: No limit
Nitrous: Prohibited
Vehicle tuning: No limit

Skid recovery force: Prohibited
Active steering: Prohibited
Active stability management: Prohibited
Driving line: Allowed
Traction control: Prohibited
ABS: Allowed

PROCEDURE

At every event there will be a procedure to follow to ensure the series remains organised.

Room opening
60-minute practice
Spec checks
25-minute qualifying session*
10-minute practice
Room reset
Spec checks
Driver callouts**
Race start
Pace lap
Green flag
-
Chequered flag
Congratulations
Next week news/circuit
Room closure

* - After qualifying as finished, wait until the race is starting and quit the race and return to the lobby. The room will be reset after 10 minutes of practice.

** - Driver callouts - This is when the race organiser calls out the drivers in order of their qualifying positions and they are to line up somewhere safe on circuit in that order.

PACE LAP

During the pace lap, cars must remain in single file keeping a safe distance from the car ahead. Weaving and tyre warming is permitted. When entering the last sector the leader must reduce his speed if others have fallen behind and all drivers must form into double file. The leader can make a choice on which side to start from.

Cars must not exceed 100mph or 160kph while on the pace lap. This is to ensure safety for everyone in the race who may have slower reactions than those around them.

When reaching the end of the pace lap, the leader is allowed to choose when to accelerate once everyone is in position. Overtaking is not permitted until your car has crossed the start/finish line.

If a driver encounters a problem on the pace lap which they believe won't be resolved before the green flag then they must type SC into the chat box. The leader will see this and proceed for a second pace lap.

CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS

Championship points will be awarded to the top 12 finishers in each event, with double points on offer for Indianapolis.

1st = 20
2nd = 16
3rd = 14
4th = 12
5th = 10
6th = 8
7th = 6
8th = 5
9th = 4
10th = 3
11th = 2
12th = 1

Pole = 1
Lead most laps = 1

If, at the end of the season, two drivers are equal in points then their highest position will be counted back until one driver has finished better than the other. If this is impossible then it will be the first driver to achieve this result that will be ahead.

To participate in this series please follow the correct procedures.

Complete the following:

PSN:
Controller device (wheel or DS3):​

Last edited:
CALENDAR

At the moment, no dates have been confirmed. Although a start date in mid-January is likely.
Each event will be separated by one or two weeks, depending on the length or stress etc. as drivers may need to rest after a long and difficult race.

The following is a list of confirmed races and are in no particular order.
Indianapolis 500
Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Speedway, Indiana
Laps: 200

Toyota Grand Prix of Monterey
Laguna Seca Raceway

Monterey, California
Laps: 83

Molson Indy Vancouver
Vancouver Street Circuit

Vancouver, British Columbia
Laps: 100
Credit to quentingames (PSN)
w1lRQQhJrafE7aGQ_0.png

U.S. 500
Michigan International Speedway

Brooklyn, Michigan
Laps: 200*
Credit to @trobes29
ntdzB1ghjbyLzF2Az_0.png

Australian Indy Grand Prix
Gold Coast Street Circuit

Surfer's Paradise, Queensland
Laps: 65
Credit to gtxf-Samoht (PSN)
J1lpNTosNutK8fJLM_0.png

Texaco 200
Road America

Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Laps: 50
Credit to GTP_skeeter23 (PSN)
1j0In2oTIjbo624ALq_0.png

Slick 50 200
Phoenix International Raceway

Avondale, Arizona
Credit to GTP_Razerman (PSN)
KGb1huvb83kymtFwM_0.png

Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland
Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport

Cleveland, Ohio
Laps: 100
Credit to Mr-6rumpy1 (PSN)
crLgxddRI2aoh50eSA_0.png

Marlboro Grand Prix of Miami
Homestead-Miami Speedway

Homestead, Florida
Credit to @trobes29
WQ8VkiuCK2yop4z1Tl_0.png

Budweiser 200
Portland International Raceway

Portland, Oregon
Laps: 98
Credit to Imspartan9002 (PSN)
Q3fbLWoALzdoDmJfVw_0.png

Detroit Grand Prix
The Raceway on Belle Isle Park

Detroit, Michigan
Laps: 70
Credit to Anderson3boys (PSN)
GkC5QuQFICEo7ucJO9_0.png

Marlboro 500 presented by Toyota
California Speedway

Fontana, California
Laps: 200*
Credit to Anderson3boys (PSN)
ik8kpqs1V6doreDwQl_0.png

Texaco Grand Prix of Houston
Houston Street Circuit

Houston, Texas
Laps: 90
Credit to MaidenRules1983 (PSN)
uD4fgP5OUp5o7fMMrU_0.png

Indy Japan 300
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

Motegi, Japan

Molson Indy Montreal
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Montreal, Quebec
Laps: 67
Credit to OdeFinn (PSN)
vQHs2iqSVqdzjxzm1_0.png

Gran Premio Telmex-Gigante
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez

Mexico City, Mexico
Laps: 73
Credit to AJ_Foyt_Racing (PSN)
xbgJRewFh0Eoz7Q0JA_0.png

This calendar is in no way final and will be updated once races get sorted. Expect about 12 to 14 races on the calendar.

Last edited:
Stop-and-go penalties - When given, you must enter the pits on their current lap or in the next 2 laps and press pause. The car will slow down and enter the box, as soon as the car is stationary
you are allowed to exit the pause menu and carry on your way.
Voice chat: disabled
Just curious how you will go about implementing this penalty and letting the rule-breaking driver know he's made an offence.
Will you sacrifice your own race by texting in the middle of a lap?

Just curious how you will go about implementing this penalty and letting the rule-breaking driver know he's made an offence.
Will you sacrifice your own race by texting in the middle of a lap?
I will not be racing, but rather stewarding. :)

Hi!

Sorry if i'm not interested in your series, I'm running a similar series with the RedBull Cars.

The reason why I comment is I'm curious to test your tracks! Especially Surfers Paradise and the first one on the list!

Hi!

Sorry if i'm not interested in your series, I'm running a similar series with the RedBull Cars.

The reason why I comment is I'm curious to test your tracks! Especially Surfers Paradise and the first one on the list!
You can find the circuits in the GT6 Course Maker forum on here. 👍

I've forgotten to include the creators, but will do them at my next chance. :)

Hi Starscream, I would prefer Sundays, Saturdays are a bit tough for me. Looks interesting, although GT Sport and some other stuff will be around soon.

I like the Formula GT on sports HARDS for ovals or comfort tires even, it gives some cornering technique/difficulty thrown in with lower wear rate to extend drive time. But of course, its your choice. We had a while back, INDY 500 on 650hp and race hards, tires wore out after 20-25 laps, and it gave overall a predictable feel, with easy driving.

Obviously, on road courses, race softs is the ideal, as the wear is lower and grip is decent.

I'm sorry as it may seem I have abandoned this. I haven't. I've just been busy with Christmas shopping etc. and I'm sure others can relate. I will be hosting an exhibition race in early January. I will have details up on the Single Races section a few days after Christmas, or at least expect it to appear before the 30th.

Again, apologies if it seems like I have abandoned this. I promise you I haven't. :)

Hi I just discovered this championship and I want to sign in, about Saturday it's perfect for me 'cause I work all the week apart from the weekend.
About the series I've always loved the Indycar, and I did one time an endurance race at Indianapolis in Race Soft and it was very intense, hope I find this lovely feeling with you in this series. :)

If you cam get some of the people over from immortal's series you might be able to have a chance at some nice races, I like the old Indy car, I dont think they do Laguna seca anymore, that is a classic track, Alex Zanardi did a great pass there way back when. Anyways, I'm sure Immortal would like driving 83 laps there, he likes that kind of sadomasochistic thing.

Back