Pace laps

  • Thread starter Thread starter spade
  • 19 comments
  • 1,112 views
Messages
12
Is it just me or is anyone else continually hitting the pace car in the ass or passing it? Im on I-B liscence test, racing at nurburging, and this is the actual 8th time ive passed the pace car, simply because its too slow.

Can anyone shed some lite on this situation?
 
Nothing we can do for that !!!!
It's a pain in The ...

Pace Car Sucks 👎
 
spade
Is it just me or is anyone else continually hitting the pace car in the ass or passing it? Im on I-B liscence test, racing at nurburging, and this is the actual 8th time ive passed the pace car, simply because its too slow.

Can anyone shed some lite on this situation?

Can you pass him on the B-5? (Tsukuba Circuit)
 
You cannot pass or hit the pace car or you will fail. If you speed up, normally it will speed up as well, otherwise gold would be impossible.
 
AEM Spec V
You cannot pass or hit the pace car or you will fail. If you speed up, normally it will speed up as well, otherwise gold would be impossible.
I did bump him slightly on the bumper at Tsukuba and it didn't fail me. When I hit, I just knew it was over, but we kept going.
 
Don't hit him to hard!! I got totally fed up with overtaking it at Costa di Amalfi as on one twisty stretch "he" kept braking where I didn't and at the next hairpin it was all I could do to stop overtaking.
 
dhwebb
I did bump him slightly on the bumper at Tsukuba and it didn't fail me. When I hit, I just knew it was over, but we kept going.

It's called a love tap. :)
 
The second last iB test with costa di aria or something, I cant get that phuking alfa to stop sliding, best time i got was 2:13.xxx and for gold i need 2:11.xxx , if anyone found a way to drive this car effectively post here. I will eventually, but im too caught up in other parts of the game to go back for that only test. All others are gold, up to S license which I will undertake soon.
 
I was reading this thread as I was doing my licesnce tests and I just rearended the pace car about four times on IA-10 on Fuji.
 
It would have been cooler to have the AI car on a scripted/prerecorded path, and have the test more like a chase battle of some sort.

Like..

Less than one second behind = Gold
Between 1.0 and 1.20 seconds behind = Silver
Between 1.20 and 1.60 seconds behind = Bronze

..or something.

You know the R34 pace car could be faster when you're tailgating it with a 120hp car..
 
E30 Evo Sport
The second last iB test with costa di aria or something, I cant get that phuking alfa to stop sliding, best time i got was 2:13.xxx and for gold i need 2:11.xxx , if anyone found a way to drive this car effectively post here. I will eventually, but im too caught up in other parts of the game to go back for that only test. All others are gold, up to S license which I will undertake soon.
A lot of people would say use manual. I suggest brake well and hit a late apex on the twisty part. Once you are almost straight, hit the gas, let it sorta coast around the bends. On the turn heading into the tunnel, I go way left then turn, makes it not so sharp.
 
Stune
;) :lol:

that is funny
:lol:
did you just think of that?
No it is a higly technical racing term like "kissing the wall" is light brushing the wall without major contact.:lol:
 
cjrciadt
No it is a higly technical racing term like "kissing the wall" is light brushing the wall without major contact.:lol:
HAHA :lol:
 
bump draft the pace car. I haven't tried it yet to see if it helps but its an idea.
 
I'm reviving this thread.

I had many good runs on A-10 ruined because the pace car practicly stops for the chicane at the end. I either booted him on accident or overtook him. I can't understand why PD would make passing him fail you? Isn't the point of the test to develope you speed? Doesn't passing the pace car demonstrate that speed?
 
BlueRex
bump draft the pace car. I haven't tried it yet to see if it helps but its an idea.
This works, if you know the course well.

On the Nurburgring IA-15, I think, you can do this in a few places.
Be gentle and push, and don't slip past it.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
xcsti
I'm reviving this thread.

I had many good runs on A-10 ruined because the pace car practicly stops for the chicane at the end. I either booted him on accident or overtook him. I can't understand why PD would make passing him fail you? Isn't the point of the test to develope you speed? Doesn't passing the pace car demonstrate that speed?
The pace car is supposed to be showing you the line around the track. If you're in front of the pace car then it can't do that - therefore you fail.

Oh and by the way - I golded the Nurb lap today on my first completion at 9:02.476. It took forever for me to complete that lap though. I was always just barely running off the track :\.
 
If it's merely showing you around the track, surely you can't be expected to get great times if, under their impression, you haven't seen it before?
 
Back