Pagani Zonda R '09 Drag Tune 1/4 mile

• Thread starter Durp13579
  • 17 comments
United States
Pensylvania
Durp13579
No me gusta Xbox
Hey guys, I found that the Zonda r doesn't have ANY online tunes, so I thought I would make one. It's my first drag tune, and any constructive criticism would be appreciated. Also, if you have any suggestions, please post them. Again, this is a 1/4 mile. Also, any ways you changed it I could try out, and maybe work it in.

Track: Indy Road Course

Drivetrain: MR

Parts Installed: All, I also use it for reg racing, so I use all the parts. (Tell me if I shouldn't use these)

Launch Gear: 1 & 2

Transmission: Automatic

Aero: (F/R) 40/65

Tranny:
Top Speed (DO THIS FIRST): 137
First: 3.557
Second: 2.345
Third: 1.553
Fourth: 1.178
Fifth: 1.010
Sixth: 0.729
Final: 5.500

LSD
Initial: 60
Acc: 60
Brake: 5

Suspension
Ride Height: (F/R) -21/15
Spring Rate: (F/R) 9.0/19.0
Dampers (Extension): (F/R) 10/3
Dampers (Compression): 9/2
Anti-Roll Bars: (F/R) 3/3
Camber: (F/R) 5.0/0.0
Toe Angle: (F/R) -0.95/.55

Brake: (F/R) 10/8
Note, I know that brakes are not necessary in a drag tune to be included, but i set them so that you can quickly stop them at the end of the course.

This is a base tune. To make it any better, I recommend playing with the gear ratios :)
Tires: Racing soft

The part I found to be the most problematic is the tranny, so anyone who has something to help that would be appreciated.

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!:)

Last edited:
Durp13579
Hey guys, I found that the Zonda r doesn't have ANY online tunes, so I thought I would make one. It's my first drag tune, and any constructive criticism would be appreciated. Also, if you have any suggestions, please post them. Again, this is a 1/4 mile

Aero: (F/R) 40/65

Tranny:
Top Speed (DO THIS FIRST): 137
First: 3.557
Second: 2.345
Third: 1.553
Fourth: 1.178
Fifth: 1.010
Sixth: 0.729
Final: 5.500

LSD
Initial: 60
Acc: 60
Brake: 5

Suspension
Ride Height: (F/R) -21/15
Spring Rate: (F/R) 9.0/19.0
Dampers (Extension): (F/R) 10/3
Dampers (Compression): 9/2
Anti-Roll Bars: (F/R) 3/3
Camber: (F/R) 5.0/0.0
Toe Angle: (F/R) -0.95/.55

Brake: (F/R) 10/8
Note, I know that brakes are not necessary in a drag tune to be included, but i set them so that you can quickly stop them at the end of the course.

Meant for racing soft tires.

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!:)

What time you set?i set a 9.418

durp I tried this tune and changed it around a little and got it to a 9.394 but this is a hard tune and the best one runs a 9.299 it will be hard to get there but I belive it possible to get it down to the low 9.3s with this base.

durp I tried this tune and changed it around a little and got it to a 9.394 but this is a hard tune and the best one runs a 9.299 it will be hard to get there but I belive it possible to get it down to the low 9.3s with this base.

Well, that is PRETTY great. This was my first drag tune, and I'm pretty proud of it I guess. Thanks for giving me a good base.

Durp13579
Anyone want to give feed back? Anyone?

Hey buddy,

I read over your thread a few days back, and it sparked my interest. I just tuned the Zonda R, and comparing my tune to your base I see a only a few minor differences aside from the transmission.

1) aerodynamic downforce up-front should be at it's lowest setting.
2) toe angle for MR drivetrains should be < 0.50.
3) I do not recommend an automatic transmission. I launch from 2nd and short shift into 3rd.
4) when flipping a transmission, it is best to set the final gear first. Then bring your top speed down (to 137). After that, drag your final gear down to its lowest possible setting.

Anyways, I am glad to see you interested in such an unusual car. They are rarely seen out on Road-Course Indy. When they are, I always hear the driver complaining about how difficult it is to tune*

Hey buddy,

I read over your thread a few days back, and it sparked my interest. I just tuned the Zonda R, and comparing my tune to your base I see a only a few minor differences aside from the transmission.

1) aerodynamic downforce up-front should be at it's lowest setting.
2) toe angle for MR drivetrains should be < 0.50.
3) I do not recommend an automatic transmission. I launch from 2nd and short shift into 3rd.
4) when flipping a transmission, it is best to set the final gear first. Then bring your top speed down (to 137). After that, drag your final gear down to its lowest possible setting.

Anyways, I am glad to see you interested in such an unusual car. They are rarely seen out on Road-Course Indy. When they are, I always hear the driver complaining about how difficult it is to tune*

Why not automatic shifting? I mean, I don't like to constantly have to rebind my controller for everything I do... Oh well. I don't know about how hard to tune it was, because I never made a drag tune before! I didn't think it was that bad to tune. Thanks for the help on the tune.

Back