Pagani Zonda Race Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter 2005McLarenF1
  • 24 comments
  • 1,270 views
Messages
365
Ive looked on the net and havent found anything that looks like the car in GT3, and since there is no engine listing, I think this is a fictional car, but all I need is conformation, can anyone tell me for sure if this car is real or not?
 
The Pagani Zonda is a real car. I can assure you of that.
 
Originally posted by Concept
The Pagani Zonda is a real car. I can assure you of that.

The Pagani Zonda is real... but I think the Zonda Race Car is fictional.
 
I knew I should have read that more carefully. Yeah, you're right.
 
But one car comes close...I think it was in the ALMS, but it was a Pagani Zonda Race Car, just not the one seen in GT3.
 
There's a great Australian series I watch on Motors TV called "The Nations Cup". Current leader is in a Ferrari 360 race car, with other drivers in Diablos, Vipers, Maserati 4200GTs and Holden Monaros. Seriously good stuff.

A lot of real cars in the game have no engine listing, but you're right that the Zonda Race Car is a fantasy car.
 
It's not fictional Anymore!! i made 1 in my garage, I just took parts from my other Zonda's I had lying around...Threw a 5 point cage in it, and oil/water squirters and gutted the interior.
 
heres a shot of the prototype :drool: :bowdown: :drool:
 

Attachments

  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 78
that is fugly.

I hope in GT4 it has the Zonda C12S 7.3. I would love to pick a differant color other than Silver...
 
the zonda is definitely real. i think i may have seen pics of a race car version also...
 
i thought i did. i don't really feel like searching, but heres some info.

http://www.fastdetails.com/details/Zonda.htm

more info.>>

The Pagani Zonda GR is initially based on the Pagani Zonda "S", and was built on a basis of a carbon chassis, with in the front as well as at the rear a tubular frame. The modified bodywork, including front and rear diffuser and louvers, has the most excellent aerodynamic results. The total width of the car was brought to 2 meters, according to the regulations of both FIA and ACO. The weight of the Pagani Zonda GR was reduced to 1100kgs and also the team developed a completely new suspension with double supporting beams. The central locked wheels also were especially made for this Pagani Zonda GR, as well as the carbon brakes, that should allow the car to reduce the braking distance. The strong and powerful engine was equipped with an extra large radiator. Engine and gearbox also have a heat exchanger for the oil.
 
i've never seen anything that even looked like a Zonda Race Car in real life
 
err.....the GR is. and we are talking pictures also.
 
the prototype is fugly
the gr is the race juz the made it black on the game with silver Zonda S on the side
 
There is a Zonda race car, called the GR as some people stated above. It recently ran at Sebring as part of the American Le Mans Series. They are supposedly running at Le Mans this summer as well.

It understeers in real life, too.

All Zondas are powered by a Mercedes-sourced V12, in varying degrees of tune.
 
Here's another picture of the Zonda ;)
 

Attachments

  • pagani zonda race car (3).jpg
    pagani zonda race car (3).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 36
[17]i like what # it is[/17]
 
Originally posted by meeekael
Nazca C2 Anyone............

:odd: I thought that was the original prototype for the Pagani Zonda car, before further developement. Correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Pagtest1.jpg
This comes close to the one in the game just not same color.
 
In any case, I love the car in the game. Its my favorite prototype race car in the game. I love beating the nissan, toyota, and the mazada with the zonda.
I like the 787b also but that car makes the game way too easy.
 
In GT: Concept we can pick from more than one colour for the C12S...:p

Hey Famine, I watch that sometimes as well...the Vipers and a few other cars didn't compete in the Bathurst 24 hours last year because of the introduction of the 7.0 litre Monaro...I think it was a bit unfair as it was using a little too high displacement, not the original sort of engine to work with...but it gets absolutely smashed on the twisty street circuits. Isn't a 355 the leader of the series?
 
Back