Paid subscription required for offline career mode?

• Thread starter LGT42
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
Will a PSN, PS+ or other paid subscription be required for one reason or another to play GT7 offline career mode only?

I do. It's "no".

PS+ is, and always has been, exclusively to access online multiplayer in full platform releases.

Understand regarding PS+.

Isn't PSN also a paid subscription? If so, would that be required for one reason or another (download updates, save a game, ...) to play GT7 offline?

Isn't PSN also a paid subscription? If so, would that be required for one reason or another (download updates, save a game, ...) to play GT7 offline?
No. PSN is just the shorthand name for the way consoles connect to each other. There is no charge to connect to it, and never has been.

PS Plus is the paid portion, and that only enables online multiplayer (and even that's free in some titles, generally those with no Platinum trophy).

PSN isn’t a paid subscription. You can freely access it to buy games, add-ons, etc. Also, you’ll still have access to game updates provided that you’re connected to the internet.

Regarding game saves, PS+ allows you to create backups on their server in case anything happens to your console.

Edit: Ninja’d

No. PSN is just the shorthand name for the way consoles connect to each other. There is no charge to connect to it, and never has been.

PS Plus is the paid portion, and that only enables online multiplayer (and even that's free in some titles, generally those with no Platinum trophy).

Thank your reply and the info Famine - that clears everything up for me

I don't think PS+ should be needed to play offline. However, I do support GT7 requiring internet like GTS does, as this deals a massive blow to those wishing to cheat or use exploits.

I general imho all the new online type games and apps are sadly becoming more and more pay to play money grabs especially for those with deep pockets. That’s why I prefer the retro offline games of the PS2 and PS3. Seems the days of GT4 and such are all but gone forever.

Last edited:
The paid PS Plus subscription is required only for online multiplayer, and to a larger extent, Sport mode.

A lot of people tend to get really confused when it comes to games that require a mandatory online connection. To clarify: PS Plus is not required for any offline gameplay, but yeah, it still sucks that you are required to have a constant internet connection just to even play the game offline and save.

Kaz is making excuses into thinking this will get rid of cheaters and that this is required for livery data, but in the end, it's actually because of the FIA involvement (which is why Polyphony should split GT7 into two: the base game and the optional Sport mode).

Back