• Thread starter bellybox
  • 8 comments

bellybox

Paradise Road...
Premium
England
Leicestershire,
bellybox
I have the "Items Full" message again. I am trying to clear out spare paint chips. When sorting chips by Name, some chips have exactly the same name but the chip looks a slightly different colour shade.
Are these occurences really the same chip but with a slight graphical glitch?

Hmm, that's weird I think I have the same name as well but different colours.

Just delete your most unimportant colours :)

Different manufacturers will have paints by the same name but the colour may be crafted in a different way.

So no, it's not a glitch 👍

Good luck with clearing out your inventory though.

I have the "Items Full" message again. I am trying to clear out spare paint chips. When sorting chips by Name, some chips have exactly the same name but the chip looks a slightly different colour shade.
Are these occurences really the same chip but with a slight graphical glitch?

UrieHusky told you why you have differing shades/same name; what I'd tell you is break it down in "items" by manufacturer and only clear out paints for makes you'd never EVER wish to return their product to OE colours if you are a heavy painter in the first place. I'd load my inventory by hue, texture by solid, and take out every primary colour name-only (ie: White, yellow, black), starting with makes I have no use for, and see what that leaves you with....just curious here, how many paints DO you have? (just got over 2000 on one game myself, so this is interesting!)

Volvo announces bleak new paint chip strategy

One of the first signs of this initiative will be new paint colours across the whole Volvo range including ‘Vast landscape white’, ‘Huge, unfriendly, endless sky grey’ and ‘Long-dead body of the missing prostitute blue’.

---

On a serious note Find out what shades you GT5 friends like... They may want your "Midnight Purple - Part 3 - Revenge of the Violet Pearl"

Another thing you could try is to spend a paint on a car - Some shades you really have to slap onto an actual car to see the effect (Mazoria Seyfert or Vauxhaul/Opels Switch for example.)

And if you happen to spend your final/only paint chip... you can always ask your PS buddies to send them to you.

I have noticed that sometimes two chips that look different will actually be the same when previewed, but most of them are just different manufacturers versions with the same name. I think I've identified at least four distinct versions of British Racing Green.

Honda's Shallot Green was wrong at first - the chip looked like a vivid Lime Green; whereas the actual paint chip, as you know, is much darker almost British Racing Green in hue.

Latest Posts

Back