Paint Chips

  • Thread starter Thread starter coastiespeed
  • 27 comments
  • 2,288 views
Messages
47
United States
United States
Messages
coastiespeed
I thought i'd drop a knowledge bomb on those of you who haven't figured this out yet...

If you want matte black then purchase a Lexus LFA in matte black. Gift the car to another one of your accounts and then gift the paint chip that you get on that other account to your main. Wash, rinse, repeat.

For example:

Main Account: Purchase Matte Black LFA and receive one paint chip. Gift car to account #2.

Account #2: Log on and receive car and accept paint chip, send paint chip to Main Account and send LFA to Account #3.

Account #3: Log on and receive car... you get the point.


I assume others have found out about this... if not I am putting on my flame suit in preparation for diluting the popularity of matte black...
 
how are you buying an LFA on another account (which i assume to be new) ?
 
how are you buying an LFA on another account (which i assume to be new) ?

you're not buying another one. you're getting it as a gift from the main, which gives you the chip. then you gift both of those (car + chip) back to the main account, and repeat the process.
 
Why can't people just earn things instead of cheating. Almost all of the people who are doing this and the birthday exploit would never use a cheat (eg. X,L2,R2,R1 etc) to get a car in this game (if there was any) but they happily create new accounts to basicly do the exact same thing.

PD really need to fix these exploits!
 
you're not buying another one. you're getting it as a gift from the main, which gives you the chip. then you gift both of those (car + chip) back to the main account, and repeat the process.

herp derp
thanks that makes so much more sense now
 
Why can't people just earn things instead of cheating. Almost all of the people who are doing this and the birthday exploit would never use a cheat (eg. X,L2,R2,R1 etc) to get a car in this game (if there was any) but they happily create new accounts to basicly do the exact same thing.

PD really need to fix these exploits!

it's a freaking PAINT JOB. lighten up dude. some people don't want to spend $300,000 just to get Rosso Scuderia.
 
I'm growing tyred of people so obviously exploiting this game too.

But I have done this trick before....
 
Honestly, who cares? As long as it's not interfering with anyone...

The way I see it, the more people get themselves a highly expensive car by glitching, the less it will trade for and, thus, the easier to get without glitching yourself it will become.

Personally, I think it's too much of a hassle to go through that exploit for random car, so yeah... You guys do your thing 👍
 
I wish they would stop giving me terrible matte paint chips. I find flat paint to look awful on cars, makes them look like computer hardware or appliances, not classic rolling art like they should be. You posers go ahead and whore up the "ultra-bada$$" matte black chips, I'm still waiting for some special chrome colors to paint wheels. I'm level 25 with over 160 cars and still noting but a bunch of matte garbage.

Matte gray
Matte green
Matte PINK
and the latest - Matte yellow...

Meanwhile, chips in various shades and hues of white are clogging up my paint rack. I've got about 60% white and 20% silver. I've only got some variety because I can pick colors in dealerships. I find myself deliberately picking unusual colors just to add variety to my paint chips and I'm constantly on the lookout for models that will "look good in white".
 
Last edited:
Use this "glitch" all you want. PD are the idiots who made this paint system. When I heard of it, I thought it was awesome. But I thought that when you get a paint, you KEEP it for good. But nope, just one paint job and seems like you forget how to mix it. It's more than retarded on PD's part. They've made tons of bad decisions when making this game, and this one to me makes little or no sense.
 
Use this "glitch" all you want. PD are the idiots who made this paint system. When I heard of it, I thought it was awesome. But I thought that when you get a paint, you KEEP it for good. But nope, just one paint job and seems like you forget how to mix it. It's more than retarded on PD's part. They've made tons of bad decisions when making this game, and this one to me makes little or no sense.

yeah it is stupid, i dun der forgot how to mix black paint dur dur :dunce: lol.
 
I find matte black looks pretty good when you're going for that stealth/jet fighter kinda look... everything other matte colour sucks.
 
If PD hadn't come up with this weird painting system people wouldn't have to act like this...
 
I would just be afraid to lose my car in the process of sending it, since there's now a limit to how many cars you can send a day..
 
It doesn't bother me if someone does this, it's not like they are effecting anything for anyone else. As long as people don't cheat the leaderboards when they come out I'll be happy.
 
I sent my Sileighty to another account which was painted Bleu Metallis or something and then when I received it in the other account, I got a yellow paint chip instead of a Bleu Metallis... :irked:
Then I tried sending it back to my main account and when I received it again, I still got a yellow instead of the Bleu Metallis. Can someone tell me what's wrong with it? Because the main purpose for me doing it was because I wanted to duplicate my Matte Pink...
 
I sent my Sileighty to another account which was painted Bleu Metallis or something and then when I received it in the other account, I got a yellow paint chip instead of a Bleu Metallis... :irked:
Then I tried sending it back to my main account and when I received it again, I still got a yellow instead of the Bleu Metallis. Can someone tell me what's wrong with it? Because the main purpose for me doing it was because I wanted to duplicate my Matte Pink...

Simple.

You can't duplicate painted colours, it always gives you the original colour.
 
When sending a car, you receive the chip for the car's original colour. So prize chips, like the Matte or Chrome, can't be duplicated.

The birthday exploit doesn't interest me much, but PD's odd decisions about how the paint shop works means I definitely have begun transferring cars back and forth between my two accounts to accumulate chips. It's silly, and tedious, but so is their system, so fight fire with fire.
 
Simple.

You can't duplicate painted colours, it always gives you the original colour.
Oh alright, that's what I thought the first time, haha no wonder why I painted it, it's ugly, haha. I'll look for the original car that had that paint chip then. But anyway, so I guess in order to duplicate a matte pink, how would I do that?
 
Oh alright, that's what I thought the first time, haha no wonder why I painted it, it's ugly, haha. I'll look for the original car that had that paint chip then. But anyway, so I guess in order to duplicate a matte pink, how would I do that?
Unpossible imfortunately.


Wait a second.. ahhh close enough.
 
close enough? what you mean? so prized paints can't be duplicated?

You are correct sir.

Can't dupe a colour that wasn't originally on the car, dig?
 
You are correct sir.

Can't dupe a colour that wasn't originally on the car, dig?
For sure, guess I'll just get a whole bunch of matte blacks from the LF-A; I want one or two cars to be painted that color anyway.
 
I tried trading with my friend so i didn't have to load up one account, load gt, get paint, load other account get paint do it again but problem with sending back and forth with a friend is you can only do it once a day....argh!
 
I thought i'd drop a knowledge bomb on those of you who haven't figured this out yet...

If you want matte black then purchase a Lexus LFA in matte black. Gift the car to another one of your accounts and then gift the paint chip that you get on that other account to your main. Wash, rinse, repeat.

For example:

Main Account: Purchase Matte Black LFA and receive one paint chip. Gift car to account #2.

Account #2: Log on and receive car and accept paint chip, send paint chip to Main Account and send LFA to Account #3.

Account #3: Log on and receive car... you get the point.


I assume others have found out about this... if not I am putting on my flame suit in preparation for diluting the popularity of matte black...

yeah i tried to do this yesterday when i wanted some matte black color.

its great for that but theres not many cars you can get in matte that you cna buy.

also the other problem, the car cost alot, and the 3rd time i tried to gift the car to one of my accounts it was lost (upload error... buy buy 375k)

been having upload errrors all day today trying to gift anything :(
 
Back