Paint color?

LOGAN8TOR88
Have a 1984 Mercedes 300d euro edition, I'm not sure what color to paint it, it has clear coat peeling of and needs a respray. Right now it's a dark blue metallic, but I am deciding weather to repaint it dark blue, or a dark silver. Almost like a Grigio Estoque, or a light silver. But I'm open to suggestions. Sorry no pictures I can't seem to upload from my iPad. But it's a four door 300d if you want to google it.

And why do you have a avatar of a 68 Merc?

We DO need pics, you already posted this somewhere and we asked.

Use imageshack, tinypic, twitpic,...

on a 84, I would go black

Have a 1984 Mercedes 300d euro edition, I'm not sure what color to paint it, it has clear coat peeling of and needs a respray. Right now it's a dark blue metallic, but I am deciding weather to repaint it dark blue, or a dark silver. Almost like a Grigio Estoque, or a light silver. But I'm open to suggestions. Sorry no pictures I can't seem to upload from my iPad. But it's a four door 300d if you want to google it.

A W123, I'm guessing.

Here are my favourite colours for that model. Don't know the official names or codes, so you'll have to put up with vague guesses. Silvery blue, probably the best shade IMO:
640px-Mercedes_W123_T-Modell_front_20080603.jpg

Silvery green:
w123green1.jpg

Light, metallic colours look good and make the car look suitably expensive.

Of course, as has been mentioned, a shot of your own car would be good. This is of course the "members rides" section. There are dozens of sites that host images for free on the internet - some should be dedicated to devices like the iPad, and then it's just a case of grabbing the code and dropping them in.

homeforsummer
There are dozens of sites that host images for free on the internet - some should be dedicated to devices like the iPad, and then it's just a case of grabbing the code and dropping them in.

Indeed, Photobucket even have an app - well at least they do for the iPhone. And it is incredibly easy to use - I use it all the time. Can take a shot and have it uploaded in seconds.

Ok thanks, I haven't been on this site for very long, so I don't know a lot of things about it. And my avatar is a 68 merc because I love the 600 but I could never afford one!

Back