Painting Historic GT5 Race Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amac500
  • 14 comments
  • 3,387 views
Messages
2,327
United States
United States
Messages
Alex_Mac_
I know a lot of the time we can't spray race cars, but I saw the latest post in in the GT Planet news and saw picture of a Alfa Romeo TZ2 sprayed in s dark grey / black color. I know I can paint the '66 Jaguar, I haven't but I know I can. So that got me wondering, which ones can I paint? I'm saving for a $20mil. car, most likely the Ford Mark IV, but I want to know about painting first. So which historic race cars can I paint and if you have could you please post a picture of what it looks like? :)
 
The GT40 can't be painted, the 330 can't be painted, the Jaguar can be painted, the Ford Mark IV can't be painted, and the X2010 I think can't be painted. So the Jag and the Carrazota is the only ones that can be painted. But correct me if I'm wrong.



I can't get any pictures in though.
 
The only c20 mil car that can be painted is that Jag you mentioned. I have 19(20 by days end) and they all look great in almost any colour...The c15 mil Miura as well as the c10 mil Alfa TZ2 are paintable too.
Credits are so easy to come by these days and buying and painting these beauties is a great way to spend large chunks of cash without clogging up your garage with lesser value cars that can't be painted...Who wants clones in their garage.Painting them makes each one different.

Edit:sorry no pics.
 
Alright, bit bummed I can't paint the 334 or the Mark IV. I hoped to have a fast Le mans car that I could make my own, so it doesn't look like everybody elses. Really wish I could just change the number when there is a number in the car, oh well. I will still enjoy it! I'm now intregued by that Alfa though, how fast can it go and hows the handling?
 
The miura (any color) with chrome foose wheels is the best looking car in the game
 
Just the Jag and Alfa, shame really. I was hoping to have an Eccurie Francorchamps-style 330 P4 in Giallo Modena. Or this GT40 Mark IV:

67-Ford_MKIV_DV-08_SM_01.jpg



Or this British Racing Green GT40, even if it would be standard:

Spa1966-FordGT40-40.jpg
 
Just the Jag and Alfa, shame really. I was hoping to have an Eccurie Francorchamps-style 330 P4 in Giallo Modena. Or this GT40 Mark IV:

67-Ford_MKIV_DV-08_SM_01.jpg



Or this British Racing Green GT40, even if it would be standard:

Spa1966-FordGT40-40.jpg

YES! That blue on that #4 GT40 is the exact color I wanted to paint a Mark IV!
 
That #4 is a Ferrari 330 P4, not a GT40. The GT40 is the yellow one behind it.
 
That #4 is a Ferrari 330 P4, not a GT40. The GT40 is the yellow one behind it.

I'm sorry, but you're joking right?
 
Yeah, I think I'am... :scared:
 
Rit
The only c20 mil car that can be painted is that Jag you mentioned. I have 19(20 by days end) and they all look great in almost any colour...The c15 mil Miura as well as the c10 mil Alfa TZ2 are paintable too.
Credits are so easy to come by these days and buying and painting these beauties is a great way to spend large chunks of cash without clogging up your garage with lesser value cars that can't be painted...Who wants clones in their garage.Painting them makes each one different.

Edit:sorry no pics.

Hey, I love that suzuki concept in your Avatar/profile pic. I remember it from a previous GT but is it in GT5? I hope so, I love lightweights. The Caterham ia awesome.
 
Hey, I love that suzuki concept in your Avatar/profile pic. I remember it from a previous GT but is it in GT5? I hope so, I love lightweights. The Caterham ia awesome.

Hi. that car is
Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 < link
and it's avalible in Gt5:tup:

BTT:

It is a shame that we not alowed to paint Ferrari P4:/
 
The only Historic Race car I'd like to paint would be the 330P4. I'd love to paint it Silver. :sly::drool:
I tried painting the TZ2...it didn't work.
 
Back