Painting Striped Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter BKViper
  • 12 comments
  • 3,709 views
Messages
845
Messages
bkviper
If you paint a car that has stripes, does it become one solid color, or does it retain the stripes and just change the rest of the car?
I really want to change the base, but if I lose the stripes I'll scream, so I figured I better ask first!
 
I was kinda dissapointed by this, but when i purchased my Camaro, the stripes remained black, no matter how dark the color... So no maroon and white strips D=
 
my ferrari 430 scudera kept its stripes.
 
does This go for the cars like Spoon civic and such?
 
depends on the car. the shelby cobra from the dealership will lose its stripes if you paint it.
 
Anyone paint the '02 Dodge Viper? That's what I want to change, but leave the stripes.
 
Well, I went ahead and tried it. It took away my stripes. :(
 
Wonder about the roof on a MINI... and weren't you able to buy MINIs and choose roof color on GT5P? In GT5 the Chili Red Cooper S is only available with a black roof... evn though a red MINI with white roof is practically the signature color combo of the new MINI!
 
My 2 colored Veryon losts it black color.. hoped i could just paint the white color red. :<
 
Wonder about the roof on a MINI... and weren't you able to buy MINIs and choose roof color on GT5P? In GT5 the Chili Red Cooper S is only available with a black roof... evn though a red MINI with white roof is practically the signature color combo of the new MINI!

Changes the roof too.
 
I think if in the square beside the car name which indicates the color is a solid color, then it wont remove the stripes. If the square has some other colors in the corner. that means its a multi color paint chip so the paint chip contains the stripe data and if you paint with a solid paint chip(the only option), it will remove the paint scheme/stripes.

I wanted to repaint my zonda R but seeing as its a multicolor paint chip. It will not keep the accent colors if i paint it with another color. same with the veyron
 
Wonder about the roof on a MINI... and weren't you able to buy MINIs and choose roof color on GT5P? In GT5 the Chili Red Cooper S is only available with a black roof... evn though a red MINI with white roof is practically the signature color combo of the new MINI!

Changes the roof too.

And there's no choice to roof color when purchasing. :(
-G
 
I painted my purple/white roof mini (cooper s, premium) to black and it kept the white roof...
 
Back