Painting the spokes on wheels

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 14 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
Ive noticed some people has the spokes on the wheels painted instead of the whole wheel. How is this done?? Are there only certian wheels you can do this too?? Take in mind these cars dont seem to have a paint job from Turn 10

Some, such as the first set of Rotas display colour on the spokes only, but you have to buy another set of rims, paint them and then add the Rotas. The multi spoke MOMO works the same way. The Cragar Bonneville is another that has coloured spokes, but these can be painted as an ordinary wheel.

VXR
Some, such as the first set of Rotas display colour on the spokes only, but you have to buy another set of rims, paint them and then add the Rotas. The multi spoke MOMO works the same way. The Cragar Bonneville is another that has coloured spokes, but these can be painted as an ordinary wheel.

The MOMO's are the ones I was refering too. Im not understanding what your telling me...What do you mean you buy another set of rims, paint them and then add the Rotas's????

If you select a rim like lets say the Volk TE37's paint them pink, and then select a the Konig rim that is chrome, then it turns the lug nuts pink when you select the chrome rim. You can do this with any color.

So its a glitch??.....So I can paint any rim a color I want, then put a set of MOMO's on it will paint the spokes the color I painted???..Ill give it a shot on those MOMO's

The MOMO's are the ones I was refering too. Im not understanding what your telling me...What do you mean you buy another set of rims, paint them and then add the Rotas's????

Paint the 5-spoke MOMO first, go back and select the other MOMO and it'll display the colour you chose on the 5-spoke wheel.

So its a glitch??.....So I can paint any rim a color I want, then put a set of MOMO's on it will paint the spokes the color I painted???..Ill give it a shot on those MOMO's

Theres also another rim you can do this with. The first 5 spoke rim of the GramLights.

So is it like VXR posted that I need to paint the same brand of wheel that I want to the spokes to be colored...IE, paint the first 5 spoke rim of the Gramlights and use the second version of the Gramlights to use that color for the spokes of said rim??

You can use any wheel that accepts a single colour in the paint shop, the first MOMO is just an example. Best thing to do is paint a wheel in your colour of choice and look through every wheel and you'll see which ones can take a coloured spoke only.

Thanx for the help guys. I know this is probably old news to yall that mess around with the livery alot but I JUST found this and was trying to figure out the ins and outs. And there are ALOT of rims to go thru

Tried it and it works on the MOMO's.....but couldnt get it to work on the Gramlights..No worries, maybe I was using the wrong rim..Ill mess with it some more...
So besides the Rotas, MOMO, Cragar Bonnoville and Gramlights that the spokes can be painted, are there any more???

It also works on the Tenzo R's. First set of rims, I believe, the five-spoke one. Coloured spokes, polished rim, looks great.

Back