PAINTS: Classified NON colourshift but colourshift anyway

Messages
2,881
United Kingdom
Near Reading, Uk
Messages
JohnSchoonsBeard
I'm attempting to make a list of all paints that are classified by the game as NOT being colourshift (i.e. Solid/Metallic/Pearl) but still give the effect of two colours in the paint when seen from different angles. I don't think this info is tracked in the GTPlanet Colour database (please correct me if I'm wrong though). So I'm not after the names of the paints that are already classified colourshift by the game.

To help you decide whether to submit look at the painted car in the garage or gt auto and see if you can see 2 seperate colours at the same time on different parts of the car as it rotates. (in fact I'm not sure how that differentiates from a normal colourshift)

I'm happy to update this first post if people know of any others. If possible, please post exact name, manufacturer, classification (solid, metallic, pearl)

I came across an interesting one today

Saphirschwarz (mostly Black but a definite Blue on certain parts of the car). This qualifies but the "Saphirschwarz Metallic" doesn't.

The list - will add missing detail as we go along.

Saphirschwarz - Opel - Solid
Gold Poly (gold, bronze, blue/purple)
Chevrolet Black Cherry Metallic

Tuxedo Black. Black, but has a tint of purple
 
Last edited:
I have a Gold Poly which gives off 3 different colour effects: Bronze, Gold and a hint of blue-purple.

It is technically what could be classified as 'colour shift'.
 
Last edited:
I'm attempting to make a list of all paints that are classified by the game as NOT being colourshift (i.e. Solid/Metallic/Pearl) but still give the effect of two colours in the paint when seen from different angles. I don't think this info is tracked in the GTPlanet Colour database (please correct me if I'm wrong though). So I'm not after the names of the paints that are already classified colourshift by the game.

I'm happy to update this first post if people know of any others.

I came across an interesting one today

Saphirschwarz (mostly Black but a definite Blue on certain parts of the car)

Well that's just blue-black. Not really a "colour-shift".
 
If you can build a proper list in the OP (post#1 in this thread) with paint chip specification - brand ("Nissan"), name ("Red Raven") and sort ("Pearl") - I guess I can keep track and update my Colour Thread in the Marketplace.
But please no random "I guess it could be like colourshift" chips.

Good luck finding these chip gems! 👍

EDIT: I guess there is no "Red Raven" paint chip. That was an example only.
 
Black Cherry Metallic - Chevrolet
 
Not a color shift.

"the effect of two colours in the paint when seen from different angles"

That's the effect the OP is trying to find and if that paint looks different from different angles then it qualifies, colour shift or not.
 
To help you decide whether to submit look at the painted car in the garage or gt auto and see if you can see 2 seperate colours at the same time on different parts of the car as it rotates. As a matter of fact I'm not sure how that differentiates from a normal colourshift in the game. Perhaps someone could enlighten me?
 
Tuxedo Black. Black, but has a tint/ shift to dark purple at certain light angles.
 
"the effect of two colours in the paint when seen from different angles"

That's the effect the OP is trying to find and if that paint looks different from different angles then it qualifies, colour shift or not.

So, almost every pearl should be added by that definition.
 
Which colours are 2 clearly different colours? That's what I'm after. The example i used in my original post is clearly black at one point of the car and a medium blue elsewhere. The car I painted is a RUF RGT. I had it painted Samba Green Pearl before. It looked good and shimered a bit as it rotated but it didn't have the effect I ended up with.

I used to own a real life Peugeot 306 pearlescent light blue painted car and it still wasn't 2 distinctly different colours.
 
Last edited:
Saphirschwarz is not necessarily color shift, just black with with blue flake. This is how alot of metallic paints are. I see what you are getting at though.
 
"Saphirschwarz" (classified as Solid) is different to "Saphirschwarz Metallic" though. See if you can find them both and you'll see what I mean.

If you already knew this then apologies.
 
Last edited:
There is an Audi paint called Cherry Black Pearl Effect, similar name to the Chev one. I wouldn't really classify it as a colorshift.
 
In general, any paint with PEARL should shift colors to some degree. Depending on what Pearl coats it used.

Least this is what I remember 10yrs ago when I wanted to paint my real car.
 
One of the best colors in the game camiellia red.

Depending on the light and angle its red, its orange, or its yellow. Three in one without poop brown color. Hands down the best lol.
 
Back