Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sm0k3:D
  • 40 comments
  • 13,079 views
After testing it:
You can not compare it to Vertigo in absoluty nothing: This is much better. Maybe hasn't a perfect weight balance (FR) but is competitive and isn't so hard to drive. Of course it need a good setup. The default setup is really bad.
It has a bit understeer character, but you can easily solve it with setup.
Not a bad car after all. Just a bit expensive.
In the same price or lower there is many others with better performance... but not with better style XD

Thanks to all for your opinions. :)
 
You cant even nearly compare this car to the Vertigo, the Panoz is a hunk of crap now and was only good in GT3. Since when did I lose 400 horsepower?

The car is slow, handles like crap (not enough downforce just like the vertigo though) and needs more power.

I wouldnt even buy it, wouldnt even THINK of buying it. Even though it was my fav car in GT3 and I loved it in MTM2, dont buy it. It ****ing sucks.
 
Acceleration is jaw-dropping

4.Handling. Full Downforce makes it attack every apex amazingly.
👍

You need to try out more cars in GT5. Then these comments will change. However I don't think it's as bad as these people say it is. It definitely is overpriced.
 
1. Performance(675 PP fully modded[ 30,000 for Two turbo upgrades] Acceleration is jaw-dropping)

You can only use one turbo at a time, so just buy the best one you can afford. When you but one and then the other, the first one you bought just gets removed and replaced with the second.
 
Let's compare it to another car.


PAGANI Zonda R ('09)
Premium
6L
HP 752 @ 7500
TQ 533 @ 5500
MR
length 4886
width 2014
height 1141
weight 1070kg
V12
NA
power to weight 1.4


PANOZ Esperante GTR-1 Race Car ('98)
Standard
6L
HP 779 @ 6500
TQ 687 @ 3500
FR
Length 4459
Width 1838
Height 1235
Weight 1150kg
V8 OHV
NA
Power to Weight 1.45


As you can see it's performance is on par with a Zonda R.
The Panoz has some understeer and isn't difficult to tune out.
Unless you just copy and paste tunes without understanding the settings.
Another thing to keep in mind is that it's drivetrain configuration is FR.
So suspension, LSD and gearing adjustments made this a very fun car for me to drive.
 
Let's compare it to another car.


PAGANI Zonda R ('09)
Premium
6L
HP 752 @ 7500
TQ 533 @ 5500
MR
length 4886
width 2014
height 1141
weight 1070kg
V12
NA
power to weight 1.4


PANOZ Esperante GTR-1 Race Car ('98)
Standard
6L
HP 779 @ 6500
TQ 687 @ 3500
FR
Length 4459
Width 1838
Height 1235
Weight 1150kg
V8 OHV
NA
Power to Weight 1.45


As you can see it's performance is on par with a Zonda R.
The Panoz has some understeer and isn't difficult to tune out.
Unless you just copy and paste tunes without understanding the settings.
Another thing to keep in mind is that it's drivetrain configuration is FR.
So suspension, LSD and gearing adjustments made this a very fun car for me to drive.

Actually is a "Front-Middle"R... Is not like normal FR's, but isn't a MR...
 
I think the Panoz is different enough to warrant a place in a serious race car enthusiast's garage. It's a pretty good car, looks menacing and in terms of handling isn't nearly as bland to drive as e.g. a ZR1 RM or Viper Oreca.

It shouldn't be compared to cars like a 787b because it's in a totally different class.
 
I remember watching the car at the 98 Rolex 24 hours of Daytona, enough of a reason to get it for me.
 
Not the best relative to PP.

But who cares, it's a hoot to drive.
 
I bought the Panoz, but didn't try it yet. But I've tried the Vertigo. That is a fine car, I don't see why people don't like it. If the Panoz is any better than that, it must be good.
 
I like it, has some style and to me it's quite easy to drive.

Uh what does this mean?

You cant even nearly compare this car to the Vertigo, the Panoz is a hunk of crap now and was only good in GT3. Since when did I lose 400 horsepower?

The car is slow, handles like crap (not enough downforce just like the vertigo though) and needs more power.

I wouldnt even buy it, wouldnt even THINK of buying it. Even though it was my fav car in GT3 and I loved it in MTM2, dont buy it. It ****ing sucks.
 
Back