Paris Grand Palais City Circuit

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
BrunoI_SRE
There have been previous tracks in paris but both were taken out, and this would be the perfect substitute as it has many interesting corners, beautiful sights and a pitlane.
grand-palais-paris-circuit-map-png.145878
all the credit for the track goes to Amac500 for creating this beauty!

Here is @Amac500's original post in full. I think I'll be looking at this in Google Maps Street View. It looks awesome.

Well I accidentally appear to have made a layout for this location. I originally wanted to make a track around Grand Palais as an excuse to purpose it as a photomode location. They hold a car show there and its just beautiful, but anyway I designed a layout around the building and then I went "Oh yeah, Paris has been in GT before, I wonder where those tracks were located." Surely enough I was working smack between the 2 and didn't know it. :lol: So from looking at this thread this layout probably belongs to be posted here.

I think this track is the ultimate street layout. The track technically has 17 turns, I just didn't feel like counting each of the 3 kinks in the narrow chicane on their own. It has plenty of corners primed for passing opportunity and a couple good straights to get the speed up. Yet it also has plenty of old school tight, twisty, technical bits, so it should please everyone. Most importantly it is a good bit wider than the other Paris layouts in enough locations to make it accommodating to a wider variety of cars. The scenery is absolutely stunning too, especially on the run between turns 9 and 10. Seriously, check this place out in street view, Grand Palais is simply stunning.

View attachment 141911

So that's my little coincidental track, and since it was the original agenda of my mission, here as some pics of the Grand Palais, which held the France's biggest auto show for a long time and holds an event called the Tour Auto today:

Thanks guys! :gtpflag:

EDIT: Man, some how I kind'a missed that my track was getting popular around here. Thanks again to all those who have supported it!

Last edited:
Back