Parts for cars by Manufacturers.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chris Criswell
  • 15 comments
  • 1,243 views
Messages
679
United States
Texas, USA.
I noticed that some of the Makes of cars have no Company name when you tune the cars.

For example: Mitsubishi has Ralli Art, Toyota has TRD, Nissan has Nismo.

This happened a while ago but I just thought of posting about it, I took an M3 to get some more parts for it, and I go to Germany/BMW/Parts Shop, and it doesn't have a company name for it. But I know for sure the official special performance/tuning brand for BMW is Dinan. (When you buy enough parts, you can even get a Dinan "Badge" for your car.

Some cars would have enough Dinan parts installed on it and on the back where it usually would say (330ci for example) It would say "DINAN 3", or "DINAN 5".


I was wondering if Kazunori left it out on purpose? Or did he forget about it? Or was there licensing issues?

I haven't thought of any other Car Makes that did not include the special tuning company in the parts shop, but you sure could post some here if you know about them.
 
Chris Criswell
(edited)I noticed that some of the Makes of cars have no Company name when you tune the cars.

For example: Mitsubishi has Ralli Art, Toyota has TRD, Nissan has Nismo.

But I know for sure the official special performance/tuning brand for BMW is Dinan. (When you buy enough parts, you can even get a Dinan "Badge" for your car.)

I was wondering if Kazunori left it out on purpose? Or did he forget about it? Or was there licensing issues?

I haven't thought of any other Car Makes that did not include the special tuning company in the parts shop, but you sure could post some here if you know about them.
Dinan is simply the most recognized tuner for BMW. BMW also has AC Schnitzer to choose from: http://www.acschnitzer.com/ Have a GM product? Callaway or Lingenfelter are two of the many choices out there. SLP worked hand-in-hand with GM for awhile in creating the Camaro SS and Firebird Firehawk. Now they are their own company and even make some parts for Mustang. Mercedes Benz has Brabus, Renntech, or AMG (who has actually now become part of Benz). Ford has Ford Racing Performance Parts, Saleen, or Roush.

There are many tuners out there and it can be pretty tough calling one tuner the "official" tuner of a certain maker. For instance, Roger Hennessey tunes Vipers, but because of the trouble he has gotten in, Lingenfelter also got in to tuning Vipers. Reeves Callaway tinkered with Volkswagens in the 1980s before he caught in with General Motors cars. Kenne Bell tweaked with Buick Grand Nationals and later jumped ship to work on Mustangs.

Your guess about licensing is probably a safe bet. But I'd like to know why Callaway Cars are in the game solely as a manufacturer? I should be able to take my late model Camaro/Corvette to Callaway and do some work there also.
 
Hmm, interesting tuner information..

I still like the Dinan stuff though, I wish you could put a Dinan exhaust on an M3 in GT4, man the ripping sound is killer...

Thanks for the info/input.
 
63AvantiR3
But I'd like to know why Callaway Cars are in the game solely as a manufacturer? I should be able to take my late model Camaro/Corvette to Callaway and do some work there also.

Why is Saleen(or Callaway) listed seperatley?
Because they make their own car.
Why are they not listed under "Full Model" under a certian manufacturer?
Because the car they make is not based on a standard production model.
 
spykerdriver
Why is Saleen(or Callaway) listed seperatley?
Because they make their own car.
Why are they not listed under "Full Model" under a certian manufacturer?
Because the car they make is not based on a standard production model.
Yep, I know they make their own cars. But I can also go out and buy a Camaro SS from my local Chevrolet dealer and have Reeves Callaway tune it. Or I could go down to Ford, pick up a Mustang and send the car out to Steve Saleen for modifications. Tuners like that can fit in more than one category.
 
in germany the official tuner for bmw is the M GmbH, which is the tuner that does the m3, m5, m6, m coupe etc...
 
Dinan is not common in Germany.

BMWs offcial Tuner is the M GmbH , Schnitzer is semi-official tuner who takes care of the motorsport-programmes too (except F1)

Another very well known BMW Tuner is Alpina , they do excellent stuff and their cars have full BMW factory guarantee.
 
i think that only the tuners that are in fact owned by the car company itself (like AMG is... and there are amg cars under mercedes) are included under the manufacturer tuning as a name... companies like nismo and mugen...

on the other hand, i think that there are some that have been left out... like AMG... but i think this is mainly because its a japanese game made by japanese people mainly for the japanese market...
 
I've stated this before in other threads, but Oddball is right on. Mines can tune your lancer or Skyline, but Callaway is a manufacturer that can't tune anything besides the C12 (which, by the way, is based on the corvette). Same for Saleen--can't tune a mustang. This is how these guys got famous, and they can't tune the cars that made them famous? Get real. I'm much less familiar with the European BMW and Merc tuners, but Renntech has built some incredible cars. Doesn't it seem off to anyone that the only tuners that can tune cars not their own (like Amuse, Spoon, Mines, etc) are all Japanese? I guess I forgot that only ricers have tuners.
 
Oddball_E8
i think that only the tuners that are in fact owned by the car company itself (like AMG is... and there are amg cars under mercedes) are included under the manufacturer tuning as a name... companies like nismo and mugen...

on the other hand, i think that there are some that have been left out... like AMG... but i think this is mainly because its a japanese game made by japanese people mainly for the japanese market...

correcto mundo 👍

saleen or shelby isnt owned by ford even tho they might have close ties, etc, etc... bmw is indeed M (wheres my bmw M1 kaz? 👎 )...

did anyone here of mugen changing its name to m-tec?
i think it was cus of the head boss at mugen got replaced or somthing, ionno.
http://www.mugen-power.com/top.html
check out the copyrights at the bottom
not sure when theyll make the full transiton to m-tec since the mugen name has a long history.

edit: isnt trd owned by toyota technocraft limted? its a subsidary but nonetheless owned by toyota motors. i know its f1 and wrc program is run by toyota team europe (same folks in charge of the toyota gt one le mans program)
 
Z32
edit: isnt trd owned by toyota technocraft limted? its a subsidary but nonetheless owned by toyota motors. i know its f1 and wrc program is run by toyota team europe (same folks in charge of the toyota gt one le mans program)

The F1 Toyota has a "Denso" sticker on it, is it because Denso is involved in the Toyota f1 development program, or just because Denso is a sponsor , the same way Malboro is a sponsor with Ferrari ?
 
Sportscar_Rob
Another very well known BMW Tuner is Alpina , they do excellent stuff and their cars have full BMW factory guarantee.
Don't forget their automatic "M5", the B10... 👍
 
Biased turkey
The F1 Toyota has a "Denso" sticker on it, is it because Denso is involved in the Toyota f1 development program, or just because Denso is a sponsor , the same way Malboro is a sponsor with Ferrari ?

denso is a sponsor as with panasonic, strictly funding for the multi-million dollar program. toyota also uses denso for oem parts like air filter, sparkplugs, etc. my nissan has a calsonic oem radiator too. but you never know, they might make something like radiators or intake piping for the race cars.

tho i think some sponsor might have more involvment, like delphi, i doubt sponsors like budweiser, tide laundry detergent or M&Ms w/ peanuts has anything to do with the nascars :sly:
 
I wouldn't know about the tuners in Germany, but the only tuner in America I've seen at Autobahn is Dinan. Automatic M5 sounds pretty interesting..
 
Man, I guess you have to leave room for improvement so you can sell GT5 on more than just being on a new platform. I'll gladly volunteer to go to work for PD to be their American consultant, to make sure they get it right. Do we have any volunteers for Europe? Australia? Maybe we can even get some of the cars in that PD inexplicably left out this go round. And I'm talking about Pontiac, HSV, Noble, and Marcos, not the Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari gripe. Stuff that is easy access, not those playing hard-to-get. Saleen, Shelby, Henessey, Callaway, Lingenfelter. RennTech and Dinan here in the states, and Alpina, AC schnitezer, and I obviously don't even know who else. I'm sure someone tunes TVRs.

I guess I'm saying that it seems like the Japanese selection of both cars and tuners seems pretty well rounded--why not put in a littel extra effort and round out Australia, EU, and USA?
 
skicrush
I'll gladly volunteer to go to work for PD to be their American consultant, to make sure they get it right. Do we have any volunteers for Europe?

:rolleyes: 👍 Yes we have.
 
Back