Parts

  • Thread starter Thread starter mals59
  • 13 comments
  • 774 views
Messages
1
I know this is just me dreaming, but I think it would be awesome if we had full control over the parts we put into our cars. Like putting some 270 degree intake cams and 280 degree exhaust cams. Being able to pick the exact turbo we want GT2530, GT2835, GT3240, power vs lag. Having to worry about bigger radiators, oil coolers, intercoolers, fuel pumps, injectors, engine strength, boost levels, the tuning of the computer, etc. I know this isn't what Gran Turismo is set out to do, but I sure would like it! Are there any games out like this?
 
I got a drag racing game for the PS2 a while back that has everything you are asking for. But, the graphics and load times blow. If anyone can remember the name, you might just like it. You can tweak everything.
James-
 
Street Legal Racing... A bit ricy... But the good thing is you can choose to rice your car up or not...
 
i believe the drag racing game you mention is 'Zero 4 Champ'
actually that was a good game back in that year...you need to press the clutch to shift gear as well.

i like that idea to have different turbo or even different brand of suspension or exhaust as well
actually long ago there was a game in PS call Option Tuning had all those stuff, but it makes no diff whether you install an Greddy Turbo or HKS turbo or with Mine's ECU or Apexi ECU. just that you feel you install certain parts
i think it's possible to have a developer to have a game like that but then we may not see 500+ cars to choose, instead we may only see 50, since they need to allocate the resource for the option parts
 
forza is apperantly aiming for that kind of thing. *puts on flamesuit*
 
yes i read that from another thread, heard that they can even have different mixture of air/fuel ratio
 
I want the ability to choose for example the type of mufflers you want. For example Magnaflow, Flowmaster, and depending on which one you choose, the car will sound different. Maybe that's for PS3. :sly:
 
I'm not in suppoprt of brands. But I like the lag V power turbos and such. But that has already been done in a number of diferent games.
 
What about shift knobs....changing shift knobs might be the single biggest demon tweak in the industry
 
There are some knobs you just can't get rid of....
 
if you want to have all that, alot of DVD´s will be used. I know how it is, cus im working on 3d my self.

Tho its a dream for me too. Maybe more advanced games will come when the new DVD will arrive. :dopey:

Blueray has 50gb om a disk, still under construction tho. :guilty:
 
Back