Patch 1.02 problem: L and R buttons not working on DS3.

• Thread starter fdg1997
  • 11 comments
Brazil
Santos,São Paul
fdg_1997
I'm having a problem with my GT6 after the patch... I play with the G27 + DS3 (I use DS3 just to navigate menus), everything were OK in patch 1.01,both controllers working fine and now I just downloaded the patch (1.02) and started playing,after a few minutes I noticed that my L and R Buttons on the DS3 stopped working,but only in menus. I play my PS3 on an Old TV so i used the "Zoom" provided by the game to see better the small letters of menus,but now I can't do that! When I try to zoom the camera on the photo travel,it don't work with the R1+R Analog, on the tuning shop,I can't switch the car view with R1 and L1... Anyone here are having the same problem or have a solution for it?

Thanks by now.

There has been a thread for L and R buttons not working after patch pertaining to menu scrolling. I play on G27 as well, and if I have to switch a menu, try unplugging your G27 then using your DS3, and when racing use it again, kind of a bit of an iffy, but it will probably be fixed.

Search for this though, there has been a thread made about this. :P

Hello again, I tried it and it works but why the hell the controllers were working TOGHETER before 1.02 and now,it isn't,*****ng update :/

Same with DFGT Pro and Fanatec GT3. Seems to be a universal issue.

Its an annoyance when you want to go through selections like Track selection, and want to get to last page, namely World Circuits and Nurburgring. Same with Cars in the dealerships where you can cycle through the lists fairly quickly.

Hello again, I tried it and it works but why the hell the controllers were working TOGHETER before 1.02 and now,it isn't,*****ng update :/

The DS3 and wheel R1/L1 buttons never worked together. Before the update, R1 and L1 never worked on a wheel and only worked on the DS3 if you changed it to controller 1. Now in the update they made R1/L1 work on the wheel, but they no longer work on the DS3.

The DS3 and wheel R1/L1 buttons never worked together. Before the update, R1 and L1 never worked on a wheel and only worked on the DS3 if you changed it to controller 1. Now in the update they made R1/L1 work on the wheel, but they no longer work on the DS3.

This is indeed what happened. The same thing happened to L3(if anyone even noticed that L3 has a function in the menus). It is a minor annoyance but not too bad for me since both controllers are within reach. I have read that the T500 has a problem though, the wheel doesn't even work for L1/R1. I imagine they'll fix it in one of the next patches.

Thanks for p

Thanks for posting this, now I know what happened.
The RA functions are also borked, they can only be mapped to certain DS3 buttons.
Still cannot setup RA the way I had it in GT5 on my DS3.
I use a T500 wheel to drive, DS3 for navigation tasks.

Last edited:
Yeah. I used the DS3 to run through the menus. But after the last update, no more R1/L1 and others.
If you have a wheel connected, the DS3 loses some of it's functions.

I'm having a problem with my GT6 after the patch... I play with the G27 + DS3 (I use DS3 just to navigate menus), everything were OK in patch 1.01,both controllers working fine and now I just downloaded the patch (1.02) and started playing,after a few minutes I noticed that my L and R Buttons on the DS3 stopped working,but only in menus. I play my PS3 on an Old TV so i used the "Zoom" provided by the game to see better the small letters of menus,but now I can't do that! When I try to zoom the camera on the photo travel,it don't work with the R1+R Analog, on the tuning shop,I can't switch the car view with R1 and L1... Anyone here are having the same problem or have a solution for it?

Thanks by now.
If u have a wheel the shift pads makes the car views flip positions.

Back