Patch 1.17. Multiplayer status is still horrible

• Thread starter StIwY
  • 20 comments
Italy
Italy
So, the track settings can finally be changed with the active lobby, BUT.....

Still no host migration, so if the host rages or have to leave, everyone gets kicked.....again.

Still not presets save feature.

Still nothing which tells you if the race started already.

Still filters reset every time you back out from a lobby.

Still same two soundtracks ( redundant as hell )

PD, can we get a PROPER multiplayer experience within the end of the ****ing year ? -__-"

Last edited:
It's still lacking. But I tested it last night and could change the track??

No reverse grid based on previous results option either which is annoying...

yesterday I entered a "car show" lobby .. but it wasn't a car show it seemed a car lag festival.

Some times we have in the lobby some ones with critical connection with movements that reminds sci-fi situation (i.e. Flash or Quicksilver) but yesterday I seen stationary cars "in warp mode" ..

This is ridicolous ...

IR

I can't remember the last time where i didn't noticed some car lagging, basically 90% of the time, there is someone which lags terribly at the track.... Looks like the netcode requires some improvements....

Last edited:
...oh and of course, the filters reset every time you back out from a lobby! PD dev team looks lie an amateur one....pfffff

Last night I had a Lobby going with the same group of guys I usually race with, all of whom have decent internet connections and the lag was horrendous! 😠

Raced with them many times on GTS and other games with very few issues...

I can't remember the last time where i didn't noticed some car lagging, basically 90% of the time, there is someone which lags terribly at the track.... Looks like the netcode requires some improvements....
That depends entirely on the hosts upload speed, their ping, your ping, your upload and your download speed.

Last edited:
I personally don't think it's people's internet connections causing the lag. It's either the net code or some other issue with GT7. Basically PD incompetence again...

On GTS, GTA and Wreckfest we experience very little lag. Same group of guys, same internet connections....

I personally don't think it's people's internet connections causing the lag. It's either the net code or some other issue with GT7. Basically PD incompetence again...

On GTS, GTA and Wreckfest we experience very little lag. Same group of guys, same internet connections....
What are you basing this one? Client hosted servers are never reliable. Home routers are often used by several people in a household. If even one is downloading or uploading anything it will screw up the ping for the host and cause lag for everyone.

The fact we play other games, same group of guys, same internet connections with very few issues...As I previously said 👍

1.17 was a good step in the right direction, but still lacking. My biggest complaints are:

• No save/load lobby settings
  • No qualifier session available
  • No reverse grids from race results available
  • Connection stability still bad, lagging/warping is quite bad on occasion
Regarding the connection issue, I am playing with the same people as I was in GT Sport, so it's strange how much worse the stability is in GT7. I'm wondering if it's a cross platform issue, might need to make a test of doing a PS$ only and PS5 only lobbies and see if it's better. There has to be some reason why the dailies are not cross platform.

This was my point. Same group of guys, same internet connections, regularly raced together on GTS with hardly any issues.

Our group is about a 50/50 PS4/5 split.

We suspected it might be cross-gen related so just the PS5 guys set up a lobby...still lots of lag!

I'll give Sony a Win/Win solution.

Sponsored Hosted Servers.

Basically, since servers cost money, and Sony hates to spend money, they can solicit sponsors to host a server. I've put this out there before, but I think it's worth repeating.

Suzuki wants some popularity? Host a sever where only Suzukis are used...Or Michelin can host one, or it doesn't even really matter!! Jay-Z wants to host a server because he has new music out, great!! Sponsor hosted servers.

That's essentially what the GR cup is, so why limit it? Why so narrow minded?

"Welcome to the Colgate 600pp room".... It would solve a lot of problems.

Dedicated servers would be the answer. But they cost money.

However I'm sure there are groups like ours that wouldn't mind spending a few quid between 8-10 of us for our own server...as long is it eliminates the lag!

Sponsored servers is a good shout, anyone could sponsor one and put their products on advertising hoardings around the tracks?

It's undeniable that lobbies in GT7 have more lag than the lobbies of GTS. I'm part of a club that meets up weekly for racing, and everyone noticed how much more lag was in GT7. Here's a video of a typical GTS outing for comparison with our GT7 test lobby:

Same people, same machines, same connections, yet everyone was jittering about in GT7 when we had butter smooth racing in GTS.

Back