Patch 1.37 crashing my console

United States
United States
Since patch 1.37 was installed my system shuts off when I try to start gran turismo sport. It gets to the black screen with the "Sony Interactive Entertainment presents", then my ps4 just shuts off. This happens every time I try to turn the game on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I do not have a ps4 pro. The game is completly unusable at this point. I can't find other people reporting this problem. Is anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
Since patch 1.37 was installed my system shuts off when I try to start gran turismo sport. It gets to the black screen with the "Sony Interactive Entertainment presents", then my ps4 just shuts off. This happens every time I try to turn the game on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I do not have a ps4 pro. The game is completly unusable at this point. I can't find other people reporting this problem. Is anyone else having this issue?
If your having issues, contact Playstation Support.

There are a lot of strange things happening with my normal PS4 since the last update , the most annoying thing is the PS4 entering randomely in rest mode any time , also sometime consequently in safe mode .
Sometime when off , it connect itself alone during the night and begin again the rest mode on and off thing......
There is something wrong for sure.

I don't think thats a GTS Problem mate... sounds more like your PS4 System is at fault here... Do other games work?

If I understand you correctly it shuts down after it shows the "Sony Interactive ........" screen which is right before it normally checks your connection with the server. I might be able to help you with that, but first try to start GTS in offline mode so the PS4 is not prompt to contact the server. See what it does and report back here.

I looked through PS notifications the other day and saw that there's been an update downloaded but not installed. Normally it comes up on a screen and asks if you want to install.
Not near PS at the moment but I can get details if needed. It's very recent..... may be worth checking your PS4 to see. if it's there, do an update and that may fix it.

Just to clarify, update is for PS4 system, not GTS.

If I understand you correctly it shuts down after it shows the "Sony Interactive ........" screen which is right before it normally checks your connection with the server. I might be able to help you with that, but first try to start GTS in offline mode so the PS4 is not prompt to contact the server. See what it does and report back here.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game before I saw your post. When I tried to start the game it hung up at the same spot. Except this time it did not shut off. It gave me a message saying the save data was corrupted. Then the screen went black and the game started up like nothing was wrong. It even said the save data was ok, during game start up, after it said it was corrupted. I am not quite sure what happened. It is working fine now. Thanks for trying to help.

Last edited:
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game before I saw your post. When I tried to start the game it hung up at the same spot. Except this time it did not shut off. It gave me a message saying the save data was corrupted. Then the screen went black and the game started up like nothing was wrong. It even said the save data was ok, during game start up, after it said it was corrupted. I am not quite sure what happened. It is working fine now. Thanks for trying to help.

Glad I could help. Just wanted first to see if it was a data problem or syncing problem. Anyway, good to hear you're back in game.

Back