Patch 1.5XBOne 

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 15 comments
England
Europe
GTP_Slim
PzR Slim
Thread may need an Xbox One label, not sure from the above quote that the other versions will receive the same performance increase.

[EDIT] Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Simply amazing. GT forums go around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around for years speculating, guessing, bsing, spitballing, arguing about how the workforce is split up and how many people are working on support of the current game vs. the new game, and with one post Ian Bell takes away all the mystery. Brilliant:) It's damn refreshing, even if it's a forum killer:lol:

I agree. I'm of the opinion that Xbox One, PS4, and PC should each have their own General Discussion Threads.
I think that's a good idea.

Simply amazing. GT forums go around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around for years speculating, guessing, bsing, spitballing, arguing about how the workforce is split up and how many people are working on support of the current game vs. the new game, and with one post Ian Bell takes away all the mystery. Brilliant:) It's damn refreshing, even if it's a forum killer:lol:
Indeed, just the feeling that you can write your stuff down and it will be read and there's even a good chance a dev. will reply personally. Makes you feel involved in the 'project' (pun intended).

I think that's a good idea.

Congratulations! You just got the GT Planet Award From Use of the word Around Repeatedly in a single post.

On a more serious note, if you bring this as an example in the GT forums you'll see some well known users bashing this as it is bad. Just like they used to do with Forza sounds until PD hired the Forza sound guy.

Congratulations! You just got the GT Planet Award From Use of the word Around Repeatedly in a single post.

On a more serious note, if you bring this as an example in the GT forums you'll see some well known users bashing this as it is bad. Just like they used to do with Forza sounds until PD hired the Forza sound guy.
Perhaps it's because it takes away their fun in guesstimating conjected theory. Something that at one time was frustrating, but is now a norm around these parts.

Perhaps it's because it takes away their fun in guesstimating conjected theory. Something that at one time was frustrating, but is now a norm around these parts.

Yeah the replacement for the speculation and guessing would probably be "when will it be ready?" repeatedly instead, which is probably a question PD don't like...

I think that's what drives GT planet... Speculation... And that can lead to some very advanced topics I like to participate in.

Over at SMS it's dead... But then again, they answer a lot of questions and go into detail about stuff but it's followed by a horrably long patch cycle. There are so many flaws with the game that very few dig deep into the details...

If I was Ian I would branch PC asap and hot patch the hell out of it, then migrate the code branch to console. At least even the console guys can see what's coming and have faith. The way they are going about it now is killing their own game!

Pcars 40% off on steam before or right as their first patch goes live?! And it introduced worse game breaking bugs? Sigh :/

I digress... What was the topic?

I think that's what drives GT planet... Speculation... And that can lead to some very advanced topics I like to participate in.

Over at SMS it's dead... But then again, they answer a lot of questions and go into detail about stuff but it's followed by a horrably long patch cycle. There are so many flaws with the game that very few dig deep into the details...

If I was Ian I would branch PC asap and hot patch the hell out of it, then migrate the code branch to console. At least even the console guys can see what's coming and have faith. The way they are going about it now is killing their own game!

Pcars 40% off on steam before or right as their first patch goes live?! And it introduced worse game breaking bugs? Sigh :/

I digress... What was the topic?
PS4 version should take priority as that is where the vast majority of sales are.

PS4 version should take priority as that is where the vast majority of sales are.
I disagree, addressing the PC with simple hot-fixes would show the PS4 and xbox users what's to come, instill some faith.

Right now SMS has 3 broken sku's and everyone is waiting. If you have delved deep enough into pcars you know there are major game breaking bugs in every major area; pit stops, wet weather racing, car setups, jumping the start exploits, online play, etc.

So effectively everyone is waiting to play the game properly... And with 1.4 causing more problems than it fixed, people are loosing faith.

Addressing PC first as most of the bugs are quite simple to fix, and console test cycle is long, and people are just waiting, shows the potential of what's to come. Regardless of platform. I commend all the communication at SMS, but it's always concluded with wait till the patch... Their form is now practically dead.

There is a real Jem in this rough, but it was not ready for retail consumption. I won't even mention the paid dlc prior to a patch nor the fact that the game is 40% off on steam right now.

I disagree, addressing the PC with simple hot-fixes would show the PS4 and xbox users what's to come, instill some faith.

Right now SMS has 3 broken sku's and everyone is waiting. If you have delved deep enough into pcars you know there are major game breaking bugs in every major area; pit stops, wet weather racing, car setups, jumping the start exploits, online play, etc.

So effectively everyone is waiting to play the game properly... And with 1.4 causing more problems than it fixed, people are loosing faith.

Addressing PC first as most of the bugs are quite simple to fix, and console test cycle is long, and people are just waiting, shows the potential of what's to come. Regardless of platform. I commend all the communication at SMS, but it's always concluded with wait till the patch... Their form is now practically dead.

There is a real Jem in this rough, but it was not ready for retail consumption. I won't even mention the paid dlc prior to a patch nor the fact that the game is 40% off on steam right now.

Good luck with that mindset. When I made these points around here, pleople jumped on me, calling me stuff.

I have some very mixed feelings towards the game now. After all the hype, the beta that was pushed as a fully functioning game, the crashes, freezes, the game breaking issues, I still enjoy it because is a sim around motorsports and racing. And the driving bit, when you are oblivious to all the issues whithin the game, is simply glorious.

Patch 1.4 improved the game here, but it's light years away from anything I would call a finished, stable and good game.

1.5 can't come soon enough and I do hope a sensible improvement in the gameplay front, where most of the unbearable issues are right now.

Good luck with that mindset. When I made these points around here, pleople jumped on me, calling me stuff.

I have some very mixed feelings towards the game now. After all the hype, the beta that was pushed as a fully functioning game, the crashes, freezes, the game breaking issues, I still enjoy it because is a sim around motorsports and racing. And the driving bit, when you are oblivious to all the issues whithin the game, is simply glorious.

Patch 1.4 improved the game here, but it's light years away from anything I would call a finished, stable and good game.

1.5 can't come soon enough and I do hope a sensible improvement in the gameplay front, where most of the unbearable issues are right now.
It is a rather desperate "mind set"... In a vein hope that something could be done sooner than later. I feel the same as you, mixed feelings, mine are degrading with each passing day. I still tool around since there are so many tracks but its so broken that its not worth my gaming time... MY game time is getting harder and harder to come by.

Back