Patch 8 default FFB per car works great!

• Thread starter dopedog
  • 3 comments

dopedog

(Banned)
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Nothing about it in patch notes but few people have discovered default per car FFB settings are working a charm, tried its last night and it true....
Not sure what happened but I noticed it first with the new DLC pack. I think some cars will always just be broken (old Lotus's) and no amount of tweeking can change that though.

Nothing about it in patch notes but few people have discovered default per car FFB settings are working a charm, tried its last night and it true....
Not sure what happened but I noticed it first with the new DLC pack. I think some cars will always just be broken (old Lotus's) and no amount of tweeking can change that though.

I found that to be true on a couple of existing cars when the latest version was released. One is the Aston Martin Hybride. However my settings were old Jack Spade settings from last May/June. I noticed a few months ago default car ffb was better on some cars when I tried them without Jack Spades settings. He's probably changed his a lot since too.

Of course PC users can simply load his updated files. Console users have to spend hours making changes manually. I think a lot of us console have given up putting them in religiously as soon as he changes his. I have found changing the default ffb calibration to be of quicker benefit. We all like different things though.

Which cars have you found improve on default setups s I'd like to try them?

What general settings were you using before for and what wheel do you use?

I think the way Thrustmaster wheels are implemented was changed in game and mentioned in the notes relating to soft lock (maybe something else changed). Also we've had a change in the tyre model and how camber works. I imagine those are the major contributors.

On the old Lotus' what doesn't work? I've found the FFB to be great previously although haven't driven then since v8.0.

You've got a point regard default ffb setup .
A few days a go when they released the latest DLC I took the BMW 2002 Stanceworks for a ride in the park and tried the defauld ffb setup , must say....it had a good feeling but now with Jack's Spade newest update I must say that it has that little bit more feeling in the wheel .

Last edited:
I found that to be true on a couple of existing cars when the latest version was released. One is the Aston Martin Hybride. However my settings were old Jack Spade settings from last May/June. I noticed a few months ago default car ffb was better on some cars when I tried them without Jack Spades settings. He's probably changed his a lot since too.

Of course PC users can simply load his updated files. Console users have to spend hours making changes manually. I think a lot of us console have given up putting them in religiously as soon as he changes his. I have found changing the default ffb calibration to be of quicker benefit. We all like different things though.

Which cars have you found improve on default setups s I'd like to try them?

What general settings were you using before for and what wheel do you use?

I think the way Thrustmaster wheels are implemented was changed in game and mentioned in the notes relating to soft lock (maybe something else changed). Also we've had a change in the tyre model and how camber works. I imagine those are the major contributors.

On the old Lotus' what doesn't work? I've found the FFB to be great previously although haven't driven then since v8.0.

All the retro touring cars (E30, Cozzie, Merc DTM)
Clio Cup
GT6 RockBun GT4 version
BMW GT3 Z4
Race Mustang

settings are all default for cars
Globals
Tyre force 80
RAG 1.10
BLEED 0.10
rac 0.98

scoops 70/15

rest standard but steering gain 100.

With Assetto Corsa coming up i just want to play this game now as I doubt i'll play as much once April comes, i'm fed up with tweeking FFB and after 4 save corrupts and 2 total re installs and save deletes, now i just think to hell with it just do default and so far its good. Career is boring quickly with bad repeat weather and random track choices etc etc, no custom championships so all i do is random races or mess with FFB settings.
Now i just want to find my favorite cars and if some are rubbish with default then just don't use them.
This wont be right for everyone and i'm sure people will say to use Jcks stuff, but full open disclosure, I've had enough of messing about, this'll do till April and AC...... bring it on!

Back