Patched: New great Force Feedback!

• Thread starter Sydbom
  • 11 comments
Seems like nobody has noticed the change in FF that has happend.
It was ok, but you couldnt countersteer.
But now its really good and you can countersteer all day long and its fantastic!!
I have a TX base with a 599 wheel.

To me this is the best thing that has happend in forza for a long time!

So dust of your wheels people!!
Forza is now finally drivable with a wheel! Its the most fun I had in a car game in a long time if not ever!

Last edited:
hmm, I have yet to actually try my G29 with FM7. Maybe I'll finally get around to setting up my wheel again if it really is improved.

I was playing this morning, and I didn't notice anything significant. Then again, the FFB would really need to drastically change for me to notice. If it's working decent, and then; gets an improvement that makes it feel good. I would be completely oblivious to it.

Also, the CSR didn't seem to have a lot of issues with the game on PC.

Well it sure is a different beast now!
Playing now and its great being able to countersteer as fast as I need to and thus makes driving faster since I now dare to drive on and over the limit and really feel the car out. Both understeer and oversteer is very well felt and corrected now.
Before you had to fight the FF to correct slides, nothing like how it us now.

I am driving with simulation steering of course!

And these are some of my FF settings
No deadzones
Vibration 100
FF scale 100
Wheel Rotation 900
Linearity 50
Understeer 50
FF minimum force 90
Damper 15
Center spring 10

Maybe its not a patch but these setting that has done it. But dont remember changing them lately.

Last edited:
A little later, I will hop back on and switch to sim steering. I admit I wasn't using Sim steering when I played this morning, so that may have contributed to not noticing anything. Hopefully they fixed it.

Well it sure is a different beast now!
Playing now and its great being able to countersteer as fast as I need to and thus makes driving faster since I now dare to drive on and over the limit and really feel the car out. Both understeer and oversteer is very well felt and corrected now.
Before you had to fight the FF to correct slides, nothing like how it us now.

I am driving with simulation steering of course!

Maybe its not a patch but these setting that has done it. But dont remember changing them lately.

Edit:

I finally tested this. Sim Steering seems to be more forgiving than I remember. I first noticed that the Radical RXC didn't snap around on me, when the rear end stared to feel light and began to step out. I was able to reel the back tires in with just a slight amount of counter steer. I still lost speed and seconds, but I didn't go spinning off into the vegetation.

After moving on, I wasn't afraid to push the cars I tested...

Except for the Caterham R500. That car is a prime example of why the top model (spec wise) isn't necessarily the best car to have in a racing sim. Sheesh!

Still I wouldn't have tried Sim Steering again, if you didn't post this. Thanks.

Last edited:
hmm, I have yet to actually try my G29 with FM7. Maybe I'll finally get around to setting up my wheel again if it really is improved.

I've tried out a few different wheels with Forza 7. Couldn't get my Fanatec CSR to work with any FFB, but i also have an old G25, and i've played on a G29 as well as whatever T10 has hooked up to their show machines. Both Logitech wheels feel fantastic, granted you have to mess with the settings a little bit, but once you get them where you want....man. Actual car muscle memory comes into play.

I believe sim steering is mostly intended for controllers however. My understanding of what it does is basically take off the assists for steering angle that are inherent when playing a game with a controller. With normal steering and a controller, when you countersteer to stop a slide, the game takes you to the correct countersteer angle, so you dont overcorrect and start fishtailing. Sim steering just puts you at full countersteer lock if you shove the left stick all the way over. However, you can absolutely overcorrect with normal steering when using the wheel, just as you can with sim steering while using a controller. Its quite easy to do, so it doesn't feel like there is much of an assist there. And in fact, I have a fair amount of experience sliding/drifting in real life and normal steering with a wheel feels pretty spot on. Sim steering to me, makes the game feel unrealistically unforgiving.

Though obviously if you're having more fun with sim steering with a wheel, then hey, you do you.

If that is the case with Sim Steering being intended for controllers, then I wish the game didn't make that option seem as if it's the purest way to play the game. Maybe they should retitle it to "Unassisted Controller Steering" or something less misleading. Or perhaps, tell wheel users that Normal is as good as it gets. The game really makes Sim steering seem like the most uninhibited way to steer in the game, no matter what control method you are using.

Sim steering to me, makes the game feel unrealistically unforgiving

My thoughts exactly. Sim steering really is dreadful once you make a slight mistake; in the real world you could correct it, but in FM7 it always ends the same way - fishtailing all over the place until you are in the dirt.

I dont know how standard steering is now.
But simulation is fixed now and not as before when you could hardly countersteer anything.

But sim has ALWAYS been for wheels and standard for controller.

Problem has just been the difference between them, that is basically a bug, or lack of knowledge how to get the wheel to work properly, that they now have fixed.

As limepie writes so beautifully: "actual car muscle memory comes into play"
Thats how it is to drive now!

Best ever forza steering by a looong way!

I wish more people would notice it... They really should get credit for this!

Back