Patrick Swayze diagnosed with cancer

  • Thread starter Thread starter livemusic
  • 17 comments
  • 882 views

livemusic

Premium
Messages
10,239
Brazil
Blumenau, SC
Messages
livemusic81
Patrick Swayze has five weeks to live, The NATIONAL ENQUIRER has learned.

In a shocking world exclusive, The NATIONAL ENQUIRER has uncovered the devastating news that the beloved Hollywood actor and dancer was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer that has spread to other organs.

Full details are in the print edition of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER that goes on sale tomorrow.

For the past month, Patrick, 55, has been traveling to Stanford University's prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful.

Patrick and his wife Lisa Niemi — who both have pilot's licenses — have been flying their private Beechcraft plane into Palo Alto's airport, minutes away from the Stanford Cancer Center, where the actor has received outpatient treatment.

He received three doses of chemotherapy and the tumor shrank, but less than his doctors had hoped for — and Patrick was told he should prepare for the end.

"He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding. In short - they held out little hope for a cure," said an insider.

The man who danced into the hearts of audiences worldwide in the 1980s in Dirty Dancing and then broke them in the poignant love story Ghost in the early '90s has lost more than 20 pounds in the past few weeks and is restricted to a liquid diet because he has trouble keeping down solid food, added the insider.

"It's time to start praying for a miracle."

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/patrick_swayze_cancer_weeks_live/celebrity/64581

Well, he isn't the greatest actor but I usually enjoy his films. It's sad seeing he end up like that.
 
I wouldn't exactly trust The National Enquirer. It's not the most trustworthy name in news.
 
It still doesn't sound like has much of a chance of surviving. The E! article said less than 5% of people diagnosed with it live longer than 5 years after the diagnosis.

So either way it doesn't look too good for him.
 
Eeep, thats not good news. :s :(
 
That's really sad news for Patrick, pancreatic cancer doesn't have a good survival rate at all. I hope he's had the time of his life.
 
I'm sure he's never felt this way before.
 
Harsh.

I like Patrick Swayze. I went to see Dirty Dancing in the west end last night so it was a bit of a shock to see that this morning.

As he is quite wealthy he'll be getting the best treatment. Hopefully he'll be part of that 5%.
 
Yeah, he's only 55. That's terrible. Poor Luciano Pavarotti died, but he was well older.

Godspeed, Mr. Swayze.
 
That's really sad news for Patrick, pancreatic cancer doesn't have a good survival rate at all. I hope he's had the time of his life.

I'm sure he's never felt this way before.

I swear you guys. The truth is that's funny stuff. I lol'ed and I owe it all to you.
 
He's like the wind.
 
I've taken the liberty of changing the thread title since it is not accurate - I'm amazed that the National Enquirer even got it partially correct, however... it was Patrick Swayze and he has been diagnosed with cancer - although the bit about having only 5 weeks to live is apparently not accurate... (I guess we'll find out come early April :sick: )
 
Wow. That's terrible. I have never been a fan of his acting ability, but he has been reportedly quite a philanthropist, and an overall nice guy. Thus, he will be missed. Lets hope for a recovery.


;)
 
I swear you guys. The truth is that's funny stuff. I lol'ed and I owe it all to you.

Facepalm of epic proportions.
 
I've taken the liberty of changing the thread title since it is not accurate - I'm amazed that the National Enquirer even got it partially correct, however... it was Patrick Swayze and he has been diagnosed with cancer - although the bit about having only 5 weeks to live is apparently not accurate... (I guess we'll find out come early April :sick: )

If he makes it that far - the survival time from detection for this kind of cancer is general measured in days rather than weeks.
 
The odds didn't seem too good. I can't remember exactly, but it was something like 99% don't survive. They were saying his case wasn't as bad in that it's not as full blown.. ?
 
Red Dawn, Point Break, Ghost, Dirty Dancing, Black Dog, Outsiders, Road House. I've enjoyed every single movies he did. One of his most memorable work of course was that SNL skit he did with Chris Farley(passed away many years ago). That was brilliant.

I first heard about this, then read about Jeff Healey(Road House) on this site. I'm sad to hear this news, and I hope Patrick defeat the cancer. 👍

P.S. I 🤬 you not. I've been listening to my 80's collection on my iTunes for about couple of hours now, and guess what just came on; "I've Had The Time Of My Life" from Dirty Dancing. Wow.
 
Back