Paul Tracy to NASCAR Winston cup?

• Thread starter Mr.Kwik
  • 6 comments
Paul Tracy to NASCAR? UPDATE 2 with Childress: Volatile, hard-driving Paul Tracy, an outspoken Indy-car star, may be looking for place to race next season, with CART going down the tubes. And two Winston Cup team owners interested in Tracy are Chip Ganassi and Richard Childress. Childress has made a career of dealing with hard-to-deal with drivers. It's unclear if Childress might be considering expanding to four Winston Cup teams.(Winston Salem Journal (8-3-2003)
UPDATE: ....Childress is pondering what could be his next reclamation project, Paul Tracy, the wildest of the Indy-car wild men. Now Childress might not wind up hiring Tracy - though a large number of Winston Cup regulars would love the chance to put a fender to Tracy and see how much excitement he could take - but Childress said that Tracy is 'definitely' a card on the table for him. That Childress would even take a gander at another big project such as this, instead of simply settling for a solid guy such as Steve Park or Ward Burton, shows how confident Childress is that his operation has finally turned the corner.(Winston Salem Journal )(8-10-2003)
UPDATE 2: While rumours were rampant late last week that Richard Childress might be interested in [Paul Tracy] the 34-year-old CART Champ Car star, nobody on the team was willing to confirm the validity. But Tracy's win Sunday at Mid-Ohio suddenly got Childress to speak about the possibility of having Tracy "on the list" of drivers he'd like on his team. "He's a card on the table," Childress said of his interest in Tracy. The next move would have to be a Winston Cup test for Tracy, likely at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

NEVER i think paul would never defect cart like that. he is one of the few drivers who put his career on the line just to stay in CART and i think paul defecting to the NASCAR series is unlikely.

Originally posted by millencolin
NEVER i think paul would never defect cart like that. he is one of the few drivers who put his career on the line just to stay in CART and i think paul defecting to the NASCAR series is unlikely.

Same here. I seriously doubt he would go to a series with heavier cars. Also, the way NASCAR is with huge accidents occuring at least once, I seriously think his temper would make him explode.

Did you really need to make two threads about this, Mr. Kwik? One was sufficient.

"Tracy told reporters in Lexington on the weekend he would be interested in such a test, but was concerned with the amount of contact the NASCAR Winston Cup Series top drivers hit and rubb on one another at 200 mph. Tracy also said once before he thought the best drivers in the world was in the Nascar series"

i admit i dont know CART or Tracy well, but from what i know of him, he would be the last person in the world to say those things. I hear that 200mph nascar bullshlt from people taht dont know anything about racing all the time. at most tracks the cars are only at 150 accelerating up to 185ish for a few seconds.

Jee whiz man calm down is he your brother? He is seriously talking with Richard Childress about a deal with Winston/Nextel cup. You see the thing is that NASCAR pays WAY better than the open wheel series and if he is talented which we all know he is then he may win a race or two. Look at Tony Stewart, Robby Gordon, Christian fittipaldi, John Andretti they have all seen where the money is thats why they are there in a heavy car. I don;t know why everybody hates the series well I can on one hand but come on these guys can drive anything what about when NASCAR star Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson went and Kicked a** against some of the best Rally drivers in the world? I mean they had a few interviews with the rally boys and they said that they couldn't believe the talent of the Winston cup drivers to come oversees and beat them at there own game. Give them some credit dont hate them because they are over publisized.
Lighten up man I don't want to cause anyone any type of stress I just found that it would be a good conversation peice. I think I found the article at fox sports but hell its all over the web. look for yourself.

Peace out brother:P

Originally posted by Mr.Kwik
Jee whiz man calm down is he your brother?

No, he's not. It helps to have a valid source with news if you post it. I have not seen any of this in my newspaper, on CART.com, or SPEED Channel. I will believe it when I see it from a valid source. There's no reason to get angry over this. It's still very early in the CART season.

It's still a rumor, so don't take it as fact just quite yet.

Your link 404'd Not Found too.

Back