Paul's 2015 Yamaha MT-07

• Thread starter Dac_Xint
  • 11 comments
Cross post from Member's Rides, this is my photo log of my new bike

Back story, I've been riding a CB400 Super Four for the past 3 years:

This bike has taught me a lot about riding in general, it's a really sturdy and reliable bike for any beginner, the 400cc straight four is a blast on the highway once you get into the mid-range, but the somewhat small engine left me hungry for something with a bit more grunt.

Therefore, after saving for 2 years, I managed to treat myself to a brand new bike, a 2015 model Yamaha MT-07. Here are the photos so far:

After waiting for 2 months for it to be assembled and delivered, just a few days before picking up the bike, I got the warranty & Service card, vehicle registration document, insurance papers

Birth certificates of my new bike
by Paul Li, on Flickr

While waiting, I couldn't resist collecting a few bits and bobs in anticipation for this bike.

MT-07 2014 CNC Billet Aluminum Black Short Brake Clutch Levers
by Paul Li, on Flickr

Motodynamic Yamaha FZ-07/MT-07 Sequential LED Tail Lights Smoked
by Paul Li, on Flickr

CNC Bar End Mirrors
by Paul Li, on Flickr

Then, on the day of picking up the bike:

2015 Yamaha MT-07 ABS
by Paul Li, on Flickr

2015 Yamaha MT-07 ABS
by Paul Li, on Flickr

2015 Yamaha MT-07 ABS
by Paul Li, on Flickr

2015 Yamaha MT-07 ABS
by Paul Li, on Flickr

Took it out for a ride, then work began on the Sunday:

Swapping the factory lights with the MotoDynamic integrated alternating sequential LED tail light I ordered earlier

Before
by Paul Li, on Flickr

During #1
by Paul Li, on Flickr

During #2
by Paul Li, on Flickr

During #3
by Paul Li, on Flickr

After
by Paul Li, on Flickr

Looking sharp!
by Paul Li, on Flickr

I couldn't get the bar end mirrors to fit because the standard Yamaha handlebars has a threaded bar end, which the universal bar ends couldn't be fitted to. I guess I'm stuck with the factory mirrors for now until I change to a lower profile handlebar.

Finally, some more photos of this beautiful machine on a tour of the country sides of Hong Kong.

New photos from this past weekend:

2015 Yamaha MT-07 ABS
by Paul Li, on Flickr

2015 Yamaha MT-07 ABS
by Paul Li, on Flickr

Muscluar
by Paul Li, on Flickr

Textures by Paul Li, on Flickr

Where the heart is
by Paul Li, on Flickr

The Standard Pose
by Paul Li, on Flickr

Dat Tail
by Paul Li, on Flickr

Remember...
by Paul Li, on Flickr

That's a sweet looking bike you've got there. All you need to do now is ride the nuts off of it and pile on those miles. Enjoy.

Very nice! Shame the mirrors didn't fit but the stock ones aren't too bad. Do you have plans? Maybe the license plate holder? :embarrassed:

Nice photos too! 👍

Very nice.After i have ridden my bike for a few weeks, i hope to get a full race system from Delkavic for a 2001 CBR600f Sport with DB killer in aswell.Not like the old style without possible fitment of DB killer lol.

Latest Posts

Back