Pause Online Race

• Thread starter Skid_Solo
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
PC2 on PS4

I want to set up a private race for 4 friends with grid slots filled with AI cars at Le Mans for 2 hours, all good I can even do that with multiclass

However it’s a bit of fun so want to be able to have break to get a beer :cheers: from the fridge or such like ;)

I’ve searched the forums, run a test with a friend, but can’t find a way of pausing the race when online.

Its probably a limited requirement as you wouldn’t want to be able to do this for a normal lobby, but with a group of friends really just wanted the option to say ‘pause’ all go and get a beer and back to racing in 5 minutes

Any idea’s ?

Thanks

Skid_Solo

Even if the game was to ghost your car out to stop it becoming an hazard you can't really pause a online race because the other players could continue to race. So I suppose that's why there isn't an option.

Maybe though...
If you're with friends and on headsets you could all agree to enter the pits, get your refreshments :) and then when all are ready leave the pits in the race order you were in previously. That's about the best I can think of. Although that doesn't cover the AI cars. Perhaps you could do without them? But then it doesn't make it quite so interesting. Hmm, a problem. :boggled:

Last edited:
Yeah the pitstop was our initial idea but as you say it doesn't take into account AI
And yes the whole idea was to have the AI, 4 of you round Le Mans for a couple of hours might not see each other much :(

Its only a virtual :cheers: ;)

Thanks for your responses though guys

Related question, can you put Bob in a car online? So he can work for few laps, if taking a beer takes longer than changing tires, and refueling.

While you can have computer controlled cars in a online race I don't think there's any way to make a AI driver jump in and take control of your car.

PC2 on PS4

I want to set up a private race for 4 friends with grid slots filled with AI cars at Le Mans for 2 hours, all good I can even do that with multiclass

However it’s a bit of fun so want to be able to have break to get a beer :cheers: from the fridge or such like ;)

I’ve searched the forums, run a test with a friend, but can’t find a way of pausing the race when online.

Its probably a limited requirement as you wouldn’t want to be able to do this for a normal lobby, but with a group of friends really just wanted the option to say ‘pause’ all go and get a beer and back to racing in 5 minutes

Any idea’s ?

Thanks

Skid_Solo
You could al agree to let the AI drive your cars for a set length of time during the race. In the in car menu you can select for the AI to get in your car.

You can then later instruct the AI to pit again and then select the option to get back in the car.

While you can have computer controlled cars in a online race I don't think there's any way to make a AI driver jump in and take control of your car.
This option is found in the incar menu. You can select to swap driver with AI and back again with any pitstop.

This option is found in the incar menu. You can select to swap driver with AI and back again with any pitstop.
I'll have to take a look. Can you do that online though? I think that's what Skid_Solo wanted for "refreshments". :)

Back