Paying real money to buy ingame cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter White & Nerdy
  • 10 comments
  • 4,385 views
Messages
4,198
United States
Wasilla, AK
Amar mentioned "wallet status". Does he mean PSN Wallet or ingame credits? Hope it's the latter.

Also, are the Stealth and Chromeline cars available in career, arcade, or both? I don't want to have to resort to gameshark to get the sixth chromeline car and the other stealth cars (signature edition not available in America... WHY?!)

I hope talking about gamesharking those things isn't infraction worthy.
 
Hey... some people, like me, have no lives and would love to sell cars for real money :p
 
Hey... some people, like me, have no lives and would love to sell cars for real money :p

I don't think you can sell cars for real money, but buy them for real money,
I remember years ago during gt5 development the was mention of buying cars for real money, not sure if the feature was dropped or never happened or was all in my imagination.

so in other woods, I am no help what so ever.
 
It's most likely, that at some point in your GT life career, any car you want can be gained for less time than it would take to earn (in real life) the arbitrary amount sony would charge for a car in the game.

Although everybody thinks that there will be unique cars to buy in the future as DLC from the playstation store. Which would be cool.
 
I'm all for DLC cars or even DLC that converts some standard cars to premium as they model them as long as things are done in moderation. I DO NOT want PD to exploit the system like EA where as soon as you buy the game there are 40 new cars to buy a 2 bucks a pop and they are all better than the cars in the game. I know PD wont do this but still even releasing tons of cars for money is a bit annoying. I hate when companies keep content out of the game just so they can sell you things that should have been in the game in the first place. The Sims have turned into an absolute prime example of exploiting your fan base :(
 
i bot a nascar for 19.99 on ebay and boyyy it can scoot!!!

The credits for one of those things can be grinded in less than an hour. Sucker. :lol:
 
The credits for one of those things can be grinded in less than an hour. Sucker. :lol:

I've seen the DLC sell on internet auction sites for £20 for Chrome and £35 for Stealth - which I don't understand. You can still buy the Signature edition for £80 - sell the game for £20, then surely the books, model, wallet, memory stick make the DLC codes better value.

As for paying real money for cars, I could understand that before PD put limits on trading. Paying upto £2 for X1, F1 Ferrari, and other 20 million credit cars seemed okay - although at the time most people preferred to trade.

If you have limited time to play GT5, then payong money to avoid grinding seems a reasonable thing to do. I did see some crazy prices on internet auctions - but I suppose if people earn megabucks then ... well its up to them. They may think you're crazy grinding ... instead of enjoying the game!
 
If the car is on the disc you bought, you should not have to pay for it, period. Dlc that is actual new developement(ie. not on the disc) is another story.

I don't understand paying for someone else to play the game for you either. Could you emagine buying, say ms word or something, and not being able to use center align untill you typed 10,000 documents first?
 
Back