Rutter200_VR46

just because your breathing doesnt mean your alive
Premium
Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland
GTP_Rutter200
What?
Hi guys

I'm trying to locate my merchant id in payapl however when I click on account I don't see it. Everyone I have asked seems to have one!

Thanks but it says page no longer available. I have tried googling but to no avail.

https://www.paypal.com/eu/smarthelp/article/FAQ3850

Maybe changing the location would help?

But to make it a bit more easier.

How do I find my Secure Merchant ID on my PayPal account?
The steps below are for Premier customers.

Each PayPal account has an unique merchant account ID. When you create a payment button, you can choose to display your merchant account ID instead of your primary email address. This way your email address won't be visible to spammers.

You can find your merchant account ID under "Account options" in your Settings.

Here are two ways to apply your merchant account ID in a payment button:

• Copy your ID and paste it in to your PayPal button code.
  • Open your payment button in the saved button list, and select your merchant account ID in the editing page.

Thanks but it says page no longer available. I have tried googling but to no avail.
20190212_124113.png

Nice catch.

:dunce:

I don't understand these paypal payment buttons. Where are they? Why do I not just have merchant id under account info like everyone else? Thanks again for your help!

I have also seen this advise but it isn't there. There is nothing.

Yea I have but that's gonna take time to reply. Kinda need it now as funds are being held from me because I cant provide my merchant id to confirm the paypal account belongs to me. Merchant id should be in this account info list...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks. But I’m not setting up a button to sell stuff. I just want to see my merchant id that everyone else seems to have when they open a PayPal account. When I click on my account it should be listed.

Last edited:
Thanks. But I’m not setting up a button to sell stuff. I just want to see my merchant id that everyone else seems to have when they open a PayPal account. When I click on my account it should be listed.
It should be a way to get your merchant ID unless there is something different with your account. First login to PayPal. Then click on link from my last post. You don't need to sell anything, just to create a button to find out your merchant ID. For item name, you can just input "1" and for item price you can put "1" as well to keep things quick and simple. Then "Use my secure merchant account ID" should be showing and already selected. (If not showing then best to ring PayPal and find out about it.) Then click on step 2 and untick "Save button at PayPal" and then click on "Create Button". Where the website code is shown on page, above it should be "Remove code protection". Click on that, then your ""business" value" should be shown which is your merchant ID.

Yes I can do that and see my merchant id but I need it to appear in my account options. PayPal customer service is atrocious.

Back