PC Demo FM7 Optimizing Settings

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 4 comments

kekke2000

Premium
Sweden
Sweden
kekke2000
Hey! I'm looking for tips and tricks to optimize the graphics settings to reduce occassional stutter. Any specific setting to look at?

I understand the game is not perfectly optimized for PC but I want to make the experience as good as possible with what we've got.

Don't forget this code could be e3 based with nothing much new therefore sub-optimal ... could have debugging code in there to provide some last minute telemetery to stupid10.... i would expect final release to be better...

Forza Horizon 3 took a few patches to settle though ... i'm impressed how much better FM7 runs on my PC than Horizons... they've clearly made strides in optimizing for PC platform so i'm hopeful

Don't forget this code could be e3 based with nothing much new therefore sub-optimal ... could have debugging code in there to provide some last minute telemetery to stupid10.... i would expect final release to be better...

Forza Horizon 3 took a few patches to settle though ... i'm impressed how much better FM7 runs on my PC than Horizons... they've clearly made strides in optimizing for PC platform so i'm hopeful
This thread is supposed to be about the settings, the things we can instantly affect.

This thread is supposed to be about the settings, the things we can instantly affect.
ok...
If you go into the graphics settings there is a benchmark tool which will then advise on the settings based on how the games runs on your particular system... will show the min/max/avg fps etc...

In the settings, dynamic optimization tended to be a bit sketchy early on in FH3... might be worth disabling that and just backing things like reflections off (tends to be expensive)

ok...
If you go into the graphics settings there is a benchmark tool which will then advise on the settings based on how the games runs on your particular system... will show the min/max/avg fps etc...

In the settings, dynamic optimization tended to be a bit sketchy early on in FH3... might be worth disabling that and just backing things like reflections off (tends to be expensive)

I tried a few different settings, and even though it seems like I get good stats in the benchmark I still get some stuttering. For example a High setup gives me max 100 avg 80 FPS, but still stuttering.

1080p Ultra max 66 avg 48
1080p Low max 140 avg 107
That's where I am performance wise.

Reflections does affect the FPS a lot, but the stuttering is still there. I will do some further testing by racing instead of benchmark. Find a perfect avarage if it's even possible to remove the stuttering here.

Edit: I have tested a lot and I'm starting to doubt there is a secret formula. Low settings is stutter free though. But no matter what settings you bring up, it will trigger the stutter, I think.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back