[PC] Project Cars FPS thread

• Thread starter jtqmopar
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
jtqmopar
Post your cpu/gpu, average fps, and settings (general settings like medium, high, max...*shudders* minimum). I've heard of some AMD graphics card users having fps issues...well I don't have an issue with my setup.

cpu: core i5 4440 (3.1GHz)
gpu: XFX Radeon R7 260X

fps: ~45

settings: high

edit: settings are on high, not max

on max settings (exception: AA set to high) I get around 20-30fps

Last edited:
Tune visuals to High instead of Ultra to get a really big performance boost (60+FPS avg. i guess) with next to no loss of image quality.

For those on PC, here are my tips.
Lower environment map and reflections to gain more FPS. MSAA is the cheapest AA to use. Turn off detailed grass and for those still struggling try lowering or even turning off shadows. Game still looks good without shadows surprisingly. VSync on in game helps smooth things on with some nvidia cards. I'm personally not getting input lag. Also set render 1 frame ahead can help.

There are no 'ultra' settings afaik

Hmm...

2015-05-09_00001.jpg

FPS mostly depends on situation, e.g. when you are hotlapping in clear weather or only use a handful of opponents I get 130+ FPS on some tracks (if I turn of VSync), but when I do a full LeMans grid with thunderstorm that is slashed in half or further down easily. :D I usually just lock it to 60FPS.

I don't use AA ingame, but I use 1440p DSR + SMAA Ultra. Reflections, shadow, grass and particle density set to high, rest on Ultra. Lens/Sun flare on subtle, no crepuscular rays (no performance hit there, I just don't like the effect in Project CARS, would like it to be more subtle like Far Cry 4).

System: Core i7-4790K (4.2Ghz), GTX970, 16GB RAM.

Hmm, must be my hardware not letting me go that high

edit: okay, now I got to ultra settings, the controller is kinda iffy in the menus sometims

Here's an overview of my current settings, giving me 60FPS most of the time. Note that I have a 1080p screen, using DSR here.

17458714275_e1d045281c_b.jpg

17458372521_f304fa1d39_b.jpg

Last edited:
Radeon R7 260X

fps: ~45

I have the same card as you but the only difference is it being Gigabyte branded. Are you getting those 45 FPS in a full race or during hot laps? And what resolution are you running?

Latest Posts

Back