PC/PS4 Entry Level Steering Wheel?

• Thread starter SaintFlow
  • 7 comments
Germany
Germany
Hi there! As I didn't have any luck in the Forza forums...I thought I will try my luck over here. I did see the Hardware subforum but as for now I'm only interested in Forza 7 and this subforum seems more lively..forgive me for trying in here!

Dear Forza Community, here is new guy.

I'm currently browsing through the internet and have not yet found a good answer to my question tbh. Maybe I didnt look at the right places though.

What I'm looking for is a nice entry level Force Feedback Steering Wheel for PC for Forza 7 which is not garbage. I am not sure how much value I can get out of it so I can't spend a fortune on it, but I do not want to buy something cheap which doesn't do any good either.

Happy for all kinds of input and recommendations (EU based, so US only products might not be so good!)

Thanks so much for your help!
SaintFlow

I have a Thrustmaster T150 which works on PC & PS4. I got the base model withouth the T3PA Pedals and for the price I paid im really satisfied with it. HoweverI must say that I still prefer Forza 7 with a Controller over a Wheel. But I do play others racing games and the wheel works really well with all of them.

You can get the T150 Pro which is bundled with the T3PA Pedals, it's a little more pricey but most of the people love the T3PA pedals.

I think for the price you can't go wrong with either.

To be honest I personally think the FFB isn't on the same level as it is in more serious racing games (Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and iRacing).

Don't get me wrong, it works but I don't feel the same road feeling and "connection" that I have with those games.

Also, to be fair with Turn10 they released 10 games (if you count Horizon's games) with the controller in mind and I must say the controller feels really nice and bang-on. Id rather play Forza 7 in chase cam mode with a controller.

If I want to get more serious I launch PC2 or IRacing and play with my wheel, it's nice to have options! :)

Oh that's an absolute shame to hear sadly as FFB feeling is definitely one of the most important things for me! :(

Yeah absolutely afai can tell the controller works very well for someone whose last proper racing game was GRID. Last time I played with a Steering Wheel was back in the day with Colin McRae 2. Guess I need to give it a proper think if it's even worth going for that purchase if Forza 7 might be "the wrong" game for it. Not gonna lie, I am not a huge simulation guy, and more about fun on the track than off the track (not judging that off the track tuning cant be fun!).

Unrelated bonus question: Drifting. I read about how it got worse and worse throughout the years and that there is not that much left in here to go for such a driving style. You got any thoughts on that or games where it is more fleshed out? Thanks so much!

To be honest I personally think the FFB isn't on the same level as it is in more serious racing games (Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and iRacing).

Don't get me wrong, it works but I don't feel the same road feeling and "connection" that I have with those games.

Also, to be fair with Turn10 they released 10 games (if you count Horizon's games) with the controller in mind and I must say the controller feels really nice and bang-on. Id rather play Forza 7 in chase cam mode with a controller.

If I want to get more serious I launch PC2 or IRacing and play with my wheel, it's nice to have options! :)

Forza does do well with a controller but chase cam??? Never!! well maybe back in the day but as of GT4 I had to drop using that view, much faster using hood view, much better feel and visibility of the road ahead.

Forza also does very well with a wheel, when I first switched over I was slower with the wheel everywhere except the ovals but now I am very quick with a wheel and it is far more fun than using a controller.

Forza does do well with a controller but chase cam??? Never!! well maybe back in the day but as of GT4 I had to drop using that view, much faster using hood view, much better feel and visibility of the road ahead.

Forza also does very well with a wheel, when I first switched over I was slower with the wheel everywhere except the ovals but now I am very quick with a wheel and it is far more fun than using a controller.

Not to mention that the force feedback is far better in FM7 than it was in previous entries... Still needs work, but least there is self aligning and decent weight there this time around. From what we had in FM5/6 and FH2/3, its night and day.

Back