[PC] Question about PC/console racing games

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 6 comments

Phoenix

Premium
Norway
Norway
Me and a friend want to do some racing on PC again, and I was wondering about something.

Is there any racing games on PC (or XB1/PS4) with realistic (or semi realistic) physics and decent+ graphics, where 2 human players can add some AI drivers (anywhere from 10 to 24 AI's)?

We would like to be able to have fuel and tire wear options, preferably rain/night options, and longer race options. Would also prefer a qualifying option.

I know of Project Cars 1 and 2, Assetto Corsa and some others but i'm not sure which one can provide such features.
Thought about Formula 1 aswell, but we'd also like different car types.

One important thing though, it has to be compatible with a Logitech G25 or G27 wheel. Got XB1 and PS4 covered with those wheels.

Hopefully someone here have some tips about which game that will suit us most. :D

Last edited:
Is there any racing games on PC (or XB1/PS4) with realistic (or semi realistic) physics and decent+ graphics, where 2 human players can add some AI drivers (anywhere from 10 to 24 AI's)?

We would like to be able to have fuel and tire wear options, preferably rain/night options, and longer race options. Would also prefer a qualifying option.

I know of Project Cars 1 and 2, Assetto Corsa and some others but i'm not sure which one can provide such features.
Thought about Formula 1 aswell, but we'd also like different car types.

Project Cars 1, PC2, F1 2017 (and some earlier games?) allow for AI to be added in to multiplayer sessions.
Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom Racing Experience (PC only) don't have this feature.

From the other features you like it sounds like PC1/2 are almost a perfect match as they allow for all of that. I guess F1 does technically offer all of these as well, but IIRC night is limited to the three tracks which run at night time in real life (Bahrain, Singapore, Abu Dhabi) and Monaco.
Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom offer all except for the rain/night options.

As far as wheel compatibility goes you shouldn't have any issues if you're on PC, when it comes to consoles I have no idea which wheels work with what anymore.

Personally I tend to just bounce between PC2, AC and RaceRoom every few weeks or so. All have their strong points, PC2 I love racing the AI with an IMSA-style multiclass setup in 1-2 hour races (now I'm thinking of bouncing back to this :D), AC official content is amazing but add in some of the amazing mods from the community and you can have a lot of fun, and RaceRoom has plenty of tracks I had never raced before in a game so I'm still learning them.

rFactor don't have enough content to keep our interests, I think.

There's more content than I'll ever use, currently have about 50 tracks and 200 cars.

There are hundreds of good/great mods @ racedepartment, where I get most of mine for free.
I hope you find the sim that works for you!

Here's the current content available on the Steam workshop from ISI/397.

Tracks
Cars

There's more content than I'll ever use, currently have about 50 tracks and 200 cars.

There are hundreds of good/great mods @ racedepartment, where I get most of mine for free.
I hope you find the sim that works for you!

Here's the current content available on the Steam workshop from ISI/397.
Sure has more tracks than I thought.

Not sure about the car selection though.

It might be a bit too old, but Race 07 allowed for racing with AI while online. Although I recall having difficulties actually setting it up to network issues. If one can get past that somehow, then it happens to have some of the best AI in any racing game ever. This AI will really give you a run for your money, all the while driving clean and fair. The game supports qualifying, weather, good grid sizes, race rules such as flags and damage/fuel/tire wear.

Worth a look I think.

I think it might be from the same guys who made Project Cars, but unlike the PCars games, Race 07 isn't utter trash.

Back