PC requirements

• Thread starter Jbpd
  • 5 comments
England
England
I,ve 95% made the decision to return to PC racing from PS4 after a gap of about 20 years since PC sim racing.

I have to admit I’m a bit lost with everything pc these days, For various reasons I want to buy a PC rather than build one.

I will still be just using a 32inch hd 1080p 60hz tv for racing. I feel like I would therefore be wasting money buying a high spec PC as my tv will going to be a limiting factor.

I’m therefore trying to gauge what level of PC I need to buy to be able to sim race at near 60 FPS in best detail I can.

When games list recommended spec is this about the level I need, or do I not even need that due to the tv?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quick couple of questions:
1: How much do you care about graphics being high-ultra settings?

2: is the pc only for sim racing, or do you have another genre of games you'll be playing?

I would believe any pc with a current intel core i5/amd ryzen 2600 or better, a GPU of 1060 or better, and 16gb ram will do fine at 1080p/60hz, especially if you dont need a lot of graphics in other types of gaming. If you want a bit of "future proofing" maybe go with a gpu around a 2060/2070.

Maybe someone else would have a different/better opinion.

As the guy said above. A 3rd gen Ryzen CPU (pick your budget but any Ryzen 3 or 5 will be enough), a GPU at around the GTX 1060 level, and 16GB of RAM, and a decent sized SSD and you are good to go.

I don't go in for future proofing so much as you can always just upgrade when you need to and sell your current hardware - CPU and GPU being easy to swap out and more RAM can be added if you have spare slots.

Quick couple of questions:
1: How much do you care about graphics being high-ultra settings?

2: is the pc only for sim racing, or do you have another genre of games you'll be playing?

I would believe any pc with a current intel core i5/amd ryzen 2600 or better, a GPU of 1060 or better, and 16gb ram will do fine at 1080p/60hz, especially if you dont need a lot of graphics in other types of gaming. If you want a bit of "future proofing" maybe go with a gpu around a 2060/2070.

Maybe someone else would have a different/better opinion.

Thanks for your reply this is very useful.

Coming from PS4 I don’t think I’d be too fused about using ultra high as I expect an improvement on just high.

Only games will be sim racing games , pc2 , ACC, rf2, f1 and possibly I racing although the subscription model is putting me off that a bit.

As the guy said above. A 3rd gen Ryzen CPU (pick your budget but any Ryzen 3 or 5 will be enough), a GPU at around the GTX 1060 level, and 16GB of RAM, and a decent sized SSD and you are good to go.

I don't go in for future proofing so much as you can always just upgrade when you need to and sell your current hardware - CPU and GPU being easy to swap out and more RAM can be added if you have spare slots.

Thanks for this.

I would recommend ryzen 5 2600x with radeon rx 570 or gtx 1070, ^^sata ssd and 16gb ram around 3000mhz c16

Back