PC Sound Settings/IssuesPC 

United States
West Virginia
HBR-Roadhog
HBR Roadhog
Let me start by saying that I think the UI is very lacking in P-Cars, very little or no information listed to help identify what many things do in game.

Right now I am struggling to try and get some tire sound that I can actually hear without making other things to loud. There is no setting that indicates it is for tire sound. One would think that master is an overall volume that applies to everything, engine is separate and then you have FX.

The sound effect when entering a race was very loud initially, way louder than I would like. The engine sound is plenty loud though many of the cars sound the same or pretty much the same. I really expected better than that but the real issue is the tire sounds. I have on more than one occasion locked up while breaking and could not hear the tires at all or barely heard them, also not very audible when loosing grip in the corners which is an issue.

Is there a way to get more tire sound without also increasing other sounds that I would prefer not to be loud?

I also have an issue with the engine sounds at max rpm in several of the cars I have driven so far which makes it hard to tell when to shift and when you have hit the limiter. On top of that the Tac shown by the HUD varies in different cars but in many such as the karts the tac is hard to see as is the speed. The kart especially is hard to tell by sound when the engine is nearing or at max revs and the poor tac display just adds to the problem.

Is there any settings that can improve the hud display and/or engine and tire sounds?

I have the same issue with tire sounds. I don't think I've heard the tires more than once or twice and that was in the BAC Mono and Ariel Atom, both open cockpit cars and even then only faintly. I'd really like a slider for tire sounds, it's one of my main sensory inputs to help maintain control of the car. I tried turning down engine sound and having the effects sounds at max but the it didn't seem to make much difference.

Back