PC users: How are you getting HDR to work?

• Thread starter urmie
  • 1 comments
I recently upgraded to a Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti in my old system and can run 4K/60 games now. However, it seems HDR games don't work properly. After lots of research, it seems Windows HDR borked everything. I don't have FH3 on the PC yet, so my test HDR games are Hitman and RE7 Demo. I have a Samsung KS8000 and have the same rtings settings that are recommended on all 4 of my inputs. (PS4, X1S)

For normal 4K gaming, I use RGB - 8 bit - Full settings and leave PC mode on the TV and black levels to normal. I know Game mode has a better latency, but when I run this chroma test: http://www.geeks3d.com/20141203/how...-chroma-subsampling-used-with-your-4k-uhd-tv/, PC mode is the only mode that shows the text properly. Game mode makes it look blurry.

For HDR, settings are changed to Y422 - 10 bit - Limited (since HDMI 2.0 can't do it via RGB), which auto activates W10 HDR setting. Hitman then shows HDR option, however the colors are terrible when turned on. So I normally just go back to non-HDR settings and play the game. (which still looks fantastic)

W10 mess up quote: "MS has botched HDR support... an Nvidia rep. recently stated that they cannot fix it (MS has to), try driver 378.92 as that is the only Nvidia driver (from my experience) that has been successful regarding functional HDR pc gaming."

What settings are you guys using for nvidia cards, if it's working for you?

I got the same issue to this date asus strix gtx 1080 latest drive and w10 fall update ! With hdr on the color are washed off it's so horrible, even the display toggle option from windows is off, in game for instance in Hitman or Mass Effect, if i enable it it doesn't work it's worse than worse almsot no colors...
If anyone could help ?

Back