PC? Which Edition?

• Thread starter huskeR32
  • 4 comments
United States
Lincoln, NE
huskeR_32
Amazon has the Win10 version $20 off all three editions at the moment. I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger. But before I do, I wanted to see if anybody here who plays the Win10 version has any major issues with it.

My specs: i7 4790k, EVGA superclocked GTX 980, 16GB RAM

I would assume that's more than enough power for this game, especially since I only need it to push 1080p, but I remember hearing reports of less-than-stellar optimization at launch. Still an issue?

Also, the completionist in me wants me to buy the Ultimate Edition for all the car packs. Looking the cars over, though, most of them don't seem like cars I'd use all that often. Anybody have any strong feelings one way or the other on whether the Car Pass is worth the extra money?

I would assume that's more than enough power for this game, especially since I only need it to push 1080p, but I remember hearing reports of less-than-stellar optimization at launch. Still an issue?
It's fine for the most part, at least for me with a 1060 and i5. I get FPS drops into the mid-40s in the city area (as do many others); everything else is pretty much stable 60. I've switched between low, medium, and high settings and the difference is negligible (still get drops in the city on low, for example).

Your biggest problem is going to be you'll get spammed with messages saying you're low on Video Ram, honestly you want at least 6GB, I have i5 6600K and 1070 superclocked and for the most part at 70FPS on ultra everything at 1080P. I ended up buying the ultimate edition and ended up driving a lot of cars I never expected I wanted to.

I hold 72fps locked on a Medium/High mix of settings. 1080p. I can uncap them and get around 100, but I feel 72 is enough for this game considering the poor optimization. Same reason why I don't max it out even if I could. Still looks and runs better than the Xbox One version as I've compared them next to each other.

Game has improved, but it still has some drops in one of the map areas. No more crashes, which is fine.

I run an overclocked i5 6600k, a gtx1070 and 20gb ram.

Your specs are more than fine. But take in mind the port is still not perfect. And it's worth having the full version of this game.

I play this game with a 1050Ti, 8GB DDR4 Ram, and an i5-6500.

I can play it at 1080p/60fps no problem, with Xbox One level visuals, or I can lock it to 30fps and get even better graphics.

The only problem I have is occasionally it stutters, usually when there's a LOT of objects on the screen and it's trying to load something else in the background, and that usually also only happens when another program is open.

Your computer will run it fine.

I went ahead and bought the Ultimate Edition, only because you could save money on the expansions. Blizzard Mountain is fun, though nobody really plays it online since it's segmented from everything else. The next expansion will most likely be Porsche cars (though I'd love for a new area to explore too). I don't think you get the discount anymore though.

Back