PC2 on XBONE One XXBOne 

United States
United States
Hey guys! Been lurking and finally decided to join the ranks! Last year I built a rig with the Logitech g920 for my Xbox one (mainly for Forza, really need to finish it with paint and carpet, but after functional I don't have the heart to disassemble for paint and trimwork). I happened across PC 1 and didn't spend a wealth of time with it, but liked it for sure. Just bought PC 2 and loving it.

I also have a OneX on preorder. With it being the new boss console, has there been any word about a patch to make the graphical fidelity improved. I will not be using a 4k display, but I do have a very nice 1080 display. I am hoping that with this and Forza, you can run it at 1080 with all the bells and whistles and effects to clean up the picture.

For either of these games, have any of you fine folks heard word about enhancing 1080p with the new console and not just 4k improvement?

Thanks!

It seems Xbox One X authorize directly supersampling even if it is not an option from the developpement team. This is just a rumour but if it is true it would be amazing.

I'm still trying to figure out why on Earth people are buying PS4 Pros and XB1Xs if they have a 1080p TV....?

because supersampling is doing miracles ! ;-) Honestly I've played on F1 2017 on my 1080p screen and the PS4 Pro version with supersamling looks far better than the Ps4 version (sharper, cleaner, more details)

I'm still trying to figure out why on Earth people are buying PS4 Pros and XB1Xs if they have a 1080p TV....?

Supersampling for one, but in the case of the Pro's Boost Mode, improved framerate consistency is another. I've heard PCARS1 and AC essentially run locked 60fps thanks to it. 👍

Unfortunately, I think that will actually become less of a perk with newer games. If companies prioritize, say, increased resolution versus a consistent frame rate with the Pro, players won't really be able to do anything about it.

We could have the choice between 4k supesampling to 1080p and 1080p mode with ultra settings (Horizon zero dawn and Rise of the tomb raider offers those options)

Supersampling for one, but in the case of the Pro's Boost Mode, improved framerate consistency is another. I've heard PCARS1 and AC essentially run locked 60fps thanks to it. 👍

Unfortunately, I think that will actually become less of a perk with newer games. If companies prioritize, say, increased resolution versus a consistent frame rate with the Pro, players won't really be able to do anything about it.

There is something to gain but I just don't see how it's worth paying double for a XB1X over a XB1S just for some frame rate and a slightly better image.

At least in the case of the PS4 Pro, it's not super expensive so I can see why someone would buy a Pro if they don't have a PS4 to begin with but I still wouldn't find it worth upgrading if you already have a regular PS4.

I have a 4K HDR TV and I still don't find it worth upgrading to the Pro. I've seen side by side video comparisons on YouTube and while there is a noticable difference I just don't think the difference is big enough to justify the purchase of another console.

HDR? It’s FAR more impressive than the bigger resolution believe me.

I’m running PC2 now on my PS4 Pro in HDR on my 65” 4K TV. I also have a vanilla Xbox One connected to it. Believe me the HDR is the most impressive difference.

HDR? It’s FAR more impressive than the bigger resolution believe me.

I’m running PC2 now on my PS4 Pro in HDR on my 65” 4K TV. I also have a vanilla Xbox One connected to it. Believe me the HDR is the most impressive difference.

1. I've never seen a 1080p TV that has HDR.
2. The XB1S and standard PS4 both have HDR already.

Did you not read my whole post?

Plenty of benefits still and boost mode is good for unpatched titles.
If you already own a standard PS4 then you might as well stay with it (unless you have good trade in options maybe) but other than that I don't regret getting the pro as my 1st PS4. The differences will be more obvious as the generation goes on.

Last edited:
Back