PC3 on PS5

• Thread starter jpscity
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I've been playing Project Cars 3 on the new console for the last month, visually it has improved the game in everyway.
The long loading times have shortened, frame rates are stable, not sure if it's 60fps but seems smooth even with a large number of cars on track. All the screen tearing and glitches have gone (although the last patch should have helped that) All in all a big improvement than on a PS4pro.

I've been wondering how the current gen racing titles play on PS5, especially PC2 and 3.

Than you.

Here's hoping I can find a system soon. Been trying since launch

I've been playing Project Cars 3 on the new console for the last month, visually it has improved the game in everyway.
The long loading times have shortened, frame rates are stable, not sure if it's 60fps but seems smooth even with a large number of cars on track. All the screen tearing and glitches have gone (although the last patch should have helped that) All in all a big improvement than on a PS4pro.
Yes thanks for posting this...
It's just what people need to know to encourage them to make up their minds to go and try to bag one of the new Consoles..
I myself play PC3 on my Xbox X which also transforms the game into the finished article....an absolute cracker of a Racing game.........

Last edited:
I've been wondering how the current gen racing titles play on PS5, especially PC2 and 3.

Than you.

Here's hoping I can find a system soon. Been trying since launch
Pc2 runs smooth as silk on ps5, does away with most of the jaggies, no frame drops or stutters, it’s how the games meant to be played.
Also finding better draw distance a great help seeing further into the distance.
Note I’ve upgraded from an original PS4 so perhaps the pro had these improvements but i daresay the ps5 would be way ahead with framerate.

I was originally in two minds, possibly going for gaming pc, but I’m more than happy with ps5 and I’d fully recommend it if you can get one!

Pc2 runs smooth as silk on ps5, does away with most of the jaggies, no frame drops or stutters, it’s how the games meant to be played.
Also finding better draw distance a great help seeing further into the distance.
Note I’ve upgraded from an original PS4 so perhaps the pro had these improvements but i daresay the ps5 would be way ahead with framerate.

I was originally in two minds, possibly going for gaming pc, but I’m more than happy with ps5 and I’d fully recommend it if you can get one!
Thank you for this. Even though I have the next gen Xbox my first choice is always PlayStation.

I would rather play PC2 on the PS5 than on the Xbox X Series but the dilemma is that I only have the Xbox X right now.

Since it sounds like you know a lot about the systems, if I did acquire a PS5 would I still be able to race PC2 online with my group who use PS4s?

Thank you for this. Even though I have the next gen Xbox my first choice is always PlayStation.

I would rather play PC2 on the PS5 than on the Xbox X Series but the dilemma is that I only have the Xbox X right now.

Since it sounds like you know a lot about the systems, if I did acquire a PS5 would I still be able to race PC2 online with my group who use PS4s?
Yes no problems at all, PS4 games on ps5 play like a supercharged PS4, that’s probably the best way to think of it.

Thank you.

So, that means I can play PC2 on a PS5 with a group who are on PS4's?
All that will happen with PC2 on PS5 is that it will render the game in its PS4 Pro mode. On PS5 however it should maintain a perfect 60fps and a locked 1440p resolution. On PS4 Pro both those numbers can waver a little.

Last edited:
Back