PCars 2 Rallycross Series [Gauge Of Interest]PS4 

• Thread starter Ryan Wall
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
WalleyUK
Ok I know it is early but while there is no racing series forum for PCars 2 yet I thought it would be a good idea to see who would be interested in this. This is all just based on what we know so far so things could change.

Project Cars 2 Rallycross

This series is aimed towards novices, as I don't see very many out there for people just beginning to learn how to race. If people make a mistake let's not shout and scream crashes do happen. It's all part of learning. Setups will be stock as to make it a level field.

Info - Races will be held every week to every two weeks. Drivers will be set into two different groups. There will be 7 race days. Race days will be Tuesdays starting at 7pm UK Time. Racing starts at 7:30pm. Going into the second race drivers will do one lap so that the starting grid will be in reverse order on the previous race this makes it more open. The drivers not involved in each of the races will retire to garage as soon as the race begins and vice versa. We are looking for around 10/12 drivers.

Practice - Half an hour practice session starting at 7pm until 7:30pm. More practice can be done in your own time. We will be holding a practice session a week before the first race also.

Qualifying - No Qualifying is needed.

Race - 4 races two heats each between two different groups of drivers both being 10 - 15 laps and then a semi final and final. All races will include joker laps.

The Semi Finals will be 8 laps long.

The Final will be 8 laps long.

How This Works - The drivers that finish in first second and third in both groups will progress to the semi final. The drivers that then finish in first, second, third and fourth out of 6 drivers will progress to the final. (More info in points section)

Penalties / Flags - Penalties will be on and flags will also be used, anyone that thinks someone is cheating must provide video evidence.

Damage - Full visual damage will be on, mechanical damage if on will be minimal as it is a new game and people will be getting used to the handling.

Weather - Weather will vary, depending on what is happening on the actual track.

Points - In the first two races everyone will score points but there will be a scoring system for getting through to the semi finals as well as championship points, meaning everyone will at least score some points every race.

Points Towards Semi Finals
1st - 16pts
2nd - 14pts
3rd - 12pts
4th - 10pts
5th - 8pts
6th - 7pts

Championship Points
1st - 8pts
2nd - 7pts
3rd - 6pts
4th - 5pts
5th - 4pts
6th - 3pts

Semi Final - These points count towards the championship, the drivers that finish in the top 4 will progress to the final.
1st - 6pts
2nd - 5pts
3rd - 4pts
4th - 3pts
5th - 2pts
6th - 1pts

Final -
1st - 8pts
2nd - 6pts
3rd - 4pts
4th - 2pts

Tracks -
Round 1 - Knockhill Racing Circuit
Round 2 - Hockenheimring
Round 3 - Lydden Hill Race Circuit
Round 4 - Circuit de Loheac
Round 5 - Daytona International Speedway
Round 6 - Lankebanen
Round 7 - Lydden Hill Race Circuit

Setups - Setups will be standard/stock, only fuel will be changeable.

Cars -
VW Polo
Ford Focus RS
Mini Countryman
Honda Civic
Renault Megane
Mercedes A-Class

Drivers/Groups -
Group 1

WalleyUK - VW Polo
Jimmy_R_B - Ford Focus
DannyWUK -
ScottWorsy - Honda Civic

Group 2
Jake2013Guy - Mercedes A-Class

Last edited:
I'd love to do this but the problem is the day/time. AOR starts at 7:45 and has a pretty large racer base with 3*16 drivers. If it were to change to a day that's Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday, i'd be up for it.

I'd love to do this but the problem is the day/time. AOR starts at 7:45 and has a pretty large racer base with 3*16 drivers. If it were to change to a day that's Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday, i'd be up for it.
No problem buddy, we could change the day, Tuesday may be a better option But would be the same time unfortunately unless you can make 7pm on a different day?

Tracks -
Round 1 - Knockhill Racing Circuit
Round 2 - Hockenheimring
Round 3 - Lydden Hill Race Circuit
Round 4 - Circuit de Loheac
Round 5 - Daytona International Speedway
Round 6 - Lankebanen
Round 7 - Lydden Hill Race Circuit

IMO remove one of the Lydden Hill circuits and start the season with a round 1 on one of the Mercedes-Benz ice track layouts. It was in the Ice track article that all circuit layouts of the frozen lake Mercedes uses for their winter driving school will be in the game. I think it will be a great fun season opener for your RX championship and for sure rally or RX on ice is realistic. I'm sure it will result in fun and laughter and as an opener of your championship the stakes are not high yet.

Here is the article:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/news...lights-its-coming-with-project-cars-2?lang=en

Project CARS 2 will come with all six configurations of the ice track, including the combined circuit and the skid-pads. The tracks will also feature LiveTrack 3.0, so rain, snow, fog, mist and, more importantly, those snow-pockets off-line, will all change the grip and nature of the tracks. On top of that, every car in Project CARS 2 will come with the option of having studded ice-tyres—so that dream you had, about driving an 800bhp rear wheel drive car on an ice track? It’s about to become your nightmare for real.

I might sign myself up as well if cross-platform is possible, I'm very much looking forward to rallycross in PCARS2 (and Dirt 4 soon!). Playing from XBox here.

edit - hmm I have to check if you can add circuits without a joker lap into a rallycross championship, probably not since the point scoring will be different. I wonder if one of those circuits on the Mercedes venue has a joker lap or could function as a rallycross circuit. I'll ask in the Q&A thread

IMO remove one of the Lydden Hill circuits and start the season with a round 1 on one of the Mercedes-Benz ice track layouts. It was in the Ice track article that all circuit layouts of the frozen lake Mercedes uses for their winter driving school will be in the game. I think it will be a great fun season opener for your RX championship and for sure rally or RX on ice is realistic. I'm sure it will result in fun and laughter and as an opener of your championship the stakes are not high yet.

Here is the article:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/news...lights-its-coming-with-project-cars-2?lang=en

I might sign myself up as well if cross-platform is possible, I'm very much looking forward to rallycross in PCARS2 (and Dirt 4 soon!). Playing from XBox here.

edit - hmm I have to check if you can add circuits without a joker lap into a rallycross championship, probably not since the point scoring will be different. I wonder if one of those circuits on the Mercedes venue has a joker lap or could function as a rallycross circuit. I'll ask in the Q&A thread
Any ideas are welcome :), obviously all of this is subject to change as nothing much is really known and until we actually get the game it's pretty much anyone's guess. I am going to run with the joker lap format though, hopefully it will be a lot of fun and like I said any ideas anyone has is welcome to share :)

This looks good, I would like to sign up but the only problem is I'm off to uni in September. For this reason I'm also slightly hoping for a release date closer to Christmas! (sorry everyone!)

This looks good, I would like to sign up but the only problem is I'm off to uni in September. For this reason I'm also slightly hoping for a release date closer to Christmas! (sorry everyone!)
Ahh sucks dude, no need to worry if it goes well there will be more seasons if you couldn't make it the first time :)

I'm interrested by this sort of competition. I preorder ps4, but it's don't know what car I will use.
7 pm can be good, but maybe, I can't make all race, because I'm in school, so I have some homework.

Back