PCars Reviews and Scores Predictions Thread

• Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 25 comments
Italy
Italy
Predict specific channel/site's score - ex. GameSpot - 8/10

Predict Metacritic score

What do you think will be seen as a weak point ? What as a strong point ? Do you expect bugs ? The reviews should be up in a couple of days it'll be interesting to see how our opinions from just before release compare with the actual game.

along with Bloodborne it won't and didn't matter what scores this game gets as I'm all in anyway. it's a done deal. I hope the reviewers don't complain about lack of cars as they'd be kinda missing the point, but obviously it can be pointed out to people, and no crippling bugs would be great. I think most racing fans will like this game.

along with Bloodborne it won't and didn't matter what scores this game gets as I'm all in anyway. it's a done deal. I hope the reviewers don't complain about lack of cars as they'd be kinda missing the point, but obviously it can be pointed out to people, and no crippling bugs would be great. I think most racing fans will like this game.

I read one pre-release review today and they were praising the amount of cars and tracks, which is obviously a positive. As for crippling bugs... we'll see how this ghost issue pans out although the review I read today as PC and Xbone.

Amounts of track and discipline variety are definitely huge pros of this game and also the list of cars is not woefully short by any means, that´s why I think that (in case there are no overwhelming bugs) this game should get 8/10 in most reviews..

I read one pre-release review today and they were praising the amount of cars and tracks, which is obviously a positive. As for crippling bugs... we'll see how this ghost issue pans out although the review I read today as PC and Xbone.
mind sharing the link? Thanks!

GS: 8/10
IGN: 7.5/10
Metacritic Average: 8.5/10

Positives:
Track count
Car variety
Graphics
Physics
Realism
Atmosphere
Career
Multiplayer
Over 32 cars on track

Negatives:
Ghosting effect on PS4
Small car list compared to Forza & GT (Which reviewers will likely compare it against)

Not that I give a ***** about the reviews, as I know this game is for me, but just for fun...

Eurogamer: 9
Gamespot: 8
IGN: 8
Metacritic Average: 8

Positives:

Track count
Graphics
Physics
Realism
Atmosphere
Career
Multiplayer
Number of cars on track

Negatives:

Lack of cars & licensing
Lack of cutesy cutscenes
Accessibility
Damage model
No missles, spike strips, EMPs, jammers etc...

7 papers,because its not a Game like alays. Not many Cars, hard to handle and a booring singleplayer, some aspects could be buggy or not finished. That will drop the scores! You are dealing with game Jornalism here, they often don´t know what they are doing.

8 Metacritic

I'm in line with most others here. I think the generic game reviewers will be around 7/10, experienced racing game reviewers who have an interest in sims will be closer to 8/10. The inexperienced reviewers will criticize will hit all the usual points of small car list, licensing and that lack of a "game". The experienced reviewers will be positive about the car list, physics, features and options because they'll compare it to other sims, but licensing and a few bugs or weaknesses here and there will probably hold them back from anything better than 8/10.

Casuals will read the reviews and many will pass on the game, but the console world is hungry for a true racing sim and it will still sell well. Not GT or Forza well, but well enough to spawn PCars 2.

I've gotten to a point where I care very little about what reviews have to say about a game.

I make my decisions based on footage and my personal level of hype for the said same... However, whenever I do feel the need to seek the thoughts of a reviewer I'll head over to a credible source who specializes in reviewing a particular type of game.

For instance. I wouldn't be taking any notice of reviews from the following sites -
Euro Gamer, IGN, Gamespot, Computer And video games. See where I'm going?

I'd be more inclined to seek a review from someone who knows about sim racers.

And I tend to stay clear of metacritic... Unless I want to have a laugh at the expense of fanbois lol

I think it gets at least 9/10 on IGN because TOCA race driver 3 gets a 8.7/10 and SHIFT 2 gets a 8.5/10 on IGN.
And i think pCARS is much better than those 2 games.
the only good thing to look forward to from the IGN review is the reviewer who'll they'll get to do it (luke reilly from Oz) loves his racing games. he should give a fair evaluation of it. actually, whoever reviewed AC on Eurogamer also gave a decent review, so should be ok as well.

the comments section on IGN will be a bloodbath of course.

the only good thing to look forward to from the IGN review is the reviewer who'll they'll get to do it (luke reilly from Oz) loves his racing games. he should give a fair evaluation of it. actually, whoever reviewed AC on Eurogamer also gave a decent review, so should be ok as well.

the comments section on IGN will be a bloodbath of course.
The comments every where will be a bloodbath. Of course

Realistically, I think it'll go around the 9's

Just ignore the reviews of well know companies that send somebody who knows nothing about the game and give it a 7 because it falls back in some aspects compared to GT or Forza.

playability with gamepad

It isn't any harder to play with a gamepad than I remember Forza 4 being. Too lazy to boot up FM4 just for the sake of comparison.

It's different to GT/FM, but it's not harder. Half an hour in and you'll have adapted just fine.

==========

Honestly, I expect low 80s from most reviews. It's a solid game, but it's still pretty niche. But then again, so is stuff like F1 games, which tend to hit low 80s, and pCARS as all that they provide and then some. If anyone happens to review this as "F1 game + a whole heap of extra content" then it should score about 130%. ;)

I think it will be about 7.5 metacritic with some reviewers claiming it has no soul and is a corridor racer.This is not my opinion though.

Honestly. Does it matter what score it receives? I've seen enough of the title to know that I am definitely going to get it.

And will your decision to purchase this be based on one person's thoughts of the title? A person who may have never taken to the track before - if someone like Chris Harris, Tiff Needle (I spell that correctly?) Or someone heavily involved in motorsport. Were to review this then I'd be more interested.

But to hand the decision over to a source that gives titles like COD and BattleField top scores..... Because they're COD and Battlefield.... Lol. Na... They can keep their opinions.

Honestly. Does it matter what score it receives? I've seen enough of the title to know that I am definitely going to get it.

And will your decision to purchase this be based on one person's thoughts of the title? A person who may have never taken to the track before - if someone like Chris Harris, Tiff Needle (I spell that correctly?) Or someone heavily involved in motorsport. Were to review this then I'd be more interested.

But to hand the decision over to a source that gives titles like COD and BattleField top scores..... Because they're COD and Battlefield.... Lol. Na... They can keep their opinions.

Reviews are important for commercial success. Not always - but they can be. They are often poorly made as you mentioned but they are "by casuals for casuals" and casuals may be the big part of the potential buyers.

The reviews made by those sites have in mind their readers - which are mostly not wheel equipped racing fans that understand what PC is - what was it's budget, the origins, the idea etc.

They don't care about those things. They want to drive some cars and have fun. For everyone who saw the game grow and what the SMS are trying to achieve it could be infuriating but that's how it is.

For example:

Us - we know why the car list is like it is - some of us may putt up with it even though we're not entirely satisfied because we know about licensing costs (and connections - see Kaz and VGT) and want the game to grow.

Casual market and mainstream reviews - they may have different views on this. It's interesting to see just how different and if some will share our approach to it - aka give the game a chance.

The guy in twitch stream the other days admitted that he's not into racing games but wanted to give PC a chance.

Also let's not stretch this "PC is unique, reviewers won't understand anyway" too far - PC shouldn't get a free pass because it's "special" or something. I'm also more interested about dedicated channels reviews - but then again I heard from the guy in Inside Sim Racing that GT6 and Assetto Corsa have "very similar physics - nothing particularly different" - which is simply absurd. :lol:

All in all - reviews can tell you things you won't notice on a video - like stutter or on-line stability but they are nothing more but another source of info about the game - some more informative, some less, some less biased, some with absurd prejudices ("racing game needs to be open world") but it's always a personal impression.

Ultimately it's up to us to filter all this info and decide.

Latest Posts

Back